The SimplePortal Team has been hard at work for the last several weeks developing the next version of SimplePortal, 2.3.5, code-named "railgun"! This release fixes the unfortunate bugs that slipped into 2.3.4 version.
Since we would like to have a wider testing and more feedback for our new version, in order to provide you the most stable product possible, we have decided to make our release candidate public. This means you can download the upcoming version now, test and report the bugs.
However, please note that: There will be no install/upgrade/uninstall support provided for/from RC1 version. Although this is a stable version, we strongly advise against using this package on your live forums. This package is only for testing purposes.
One important thing to note is that with this version, SMF 2.0 Beta and RC versions support is dropped. That means, SimplePortal 2.3.5 will only support SMF 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and all versions of SMF 1.0 and SMF 1.1 line, including SMF 1.1.16.
For those who are wondering, here's some of the fixes included in this version:
- Full SMF 2.0.2 and 1.1.16 compatibility
- Broken header bars in custom themes
- Undefined indexes caused by feed parser
- Custom permissions being reset on preview
- Page blocks being reset in some cases
- Shoutbox requests not updating user logs
- Parsed content in tag parameters breaking BBC parsing
- Several fixes to the layout and spacing
Your feedback is welcome here and in the related topics in Team Blogs
board. Please post any bugs to the Bugs
You can download the package from Beta Packages
category in Downloads
-The SimplePortal Team