collapse

* Simple Portal Archived Forum

This is an Archive Forum.

The content in this forum may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links in forum pages to other sites may not work.
This forum contains archives for future reference.

Visit our thread at Simple Machines Forum for current support.

SMF 2.1 users: EhPortal is a ported version of Simple Portal specifically designed for the SMF 2.1 branch.
Please visit web-develop.ca to download EhPortal and for its support.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 395
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Shoutbox is not for support!
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: Yup, Still adore SP
    April 21, 2019, 07:08:06 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: STILL love SP :)
    November 24, 2018, 05:05:50 AM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: <3 aegersz
    September 13, 2018, 03:36:09 PM
  • aegersz: I STILL <3 LOVE SimplePortal
    September 13, 2018, 07:11:39 AM
  • aegersz: o LOVE you guys - Simple Portal rocks !
    May 09, 2018, 05:18:59 AM
  • Chen Zhen: our apologies for the site being down.. please read server issues topic
    March 22, 2018, 05:32:38 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: LOL PLEASE forget I just posted that. I found the answer in my own dang post back in 2015. lol sorry!
    July 04, 2017, 10:47:55 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: I know this SB isnt' for support, but I just have a general question. Who would I contact to find out where SP stores its block info? Is it DB driven or files? I searched the site but came up with nothing. probably my fault any insight is appreciated.
    July 04, 2017, 10:43:36 PM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: Excuse me but what does Simpleportal have to deal with that?
    February 05, 2017, 08:21:14 PM
  • WhiteEagle: of course IMHO that site appears to be dead :(
    February 04, 2017, 01:08:05 PM
  • WhiteEagle: If I can get that, then I'll use it for that site...
    February 04, 2017, 01:07:35 PM
  • WhiteEagle: decided to not use SMF for any projects, unless I can get a copy of the premium version of the fanfiction archive plugin
    February 04, 2017, 01:06:54 PM
  • expertdecisions: cloudflare
    January 28, 2017, 08:01:47 AM
  • aegersz: SM release 2.0.13 !
    January 12, 2017, 06:00:13 AM
  • raffo: Tks Emanuele, even if I didn't understand the fix :D
    November 07, 2016, 02:01:20 AM
  • emanuele: [link]
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:50 PM
  • emanuele: raffo: the English support board is a good place. ;)
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
  • raffo: Where can I find the fix for the shoutbox?
    November 01, 2016, 05:06:09 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: To the SP team, I make a point to come here and thank you as much as possible for your work.  so again, THANK YOU!
    October 28, 2016, 10:38:05 AM
  • emanuele: That's indeed funny, the limit is present only in the patch and not the full install.
    October 22, 2016, 06:14:58 PM

* Recent Posts

Adding Forums Button to Nav bar by jirapon
[August 01, 2019, 09:07:12 AM]

Re: Board Icons by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 04:03:41 PM]

MOVED: Czech translation???? by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 03:04:51 PM]

Board Icons by jirapon
[July 30, 2019, 07:28:44 AM]

Re: Thankyou Simpleportal, by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 29, 2019, 09:41:29 AM]

Blocks speak! Do you have an interest in getting more blocks - or even making your own? The Blocks Board is for you!

Author Topic: "failed to open file stream:" error  (Read 5691 times)

Offline Obake

• SMF Version: 2.0.2
  • SP Version: 2.3.5
"failed to open file stream:" error
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
I have a site that is receiving the below error. It occurs only on 'guest' users. Any idea what is causing this?

thanks,

http://www.mysite.org/index.php?action=forum
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: require_once(/services/webpages/util/3/f/database.xxxxxxxxx.com/mysite.org/public/Sources/PortalBlocks.php)
[<ahref='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

File: /services/webpages/util/3/f/database.xxxxxxxxx.com/mysite.org/public/Sources/Subs-Portal.php
Line: 145

SMF version 2.0.2
Simple Portal 2.3.5

Other Installed Mods:

Aeva Media    1.4w
Stop Spammer    2.3.9
FantasticSmileys    1.0
Custom Pages and Tabs (2) SMF 2 - RC3    1.1
Highslide 4 SMF    0.8.1
Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus (4)

Offline Obake

Re: "failed to open file stream:" error
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »
Hmmm ... 10 days and no answer. I wonder if this portal is still in production or being supported?

Offline froome19

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
This has most likely got nothing got to do with Simple Portal..

Offline Obake

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
This has most likely got nothing got to do with Simple Portal..

Do you know what it has to do with then?

The only error log on the site comes from Simple Portal. When uninstalled then no errors, after install then this error sometimes.

Offline andy

• On Leave
    • Outdoor Club Japan (OCJ) アウトドア・クラブ・ジャパン
  • SMF Version: 2.0.15
  • SP Version: 2.3.7
  • Elkarte Version: None
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 10:26:20 PM »
Mods tend to cause problems ... when I see mods like spam protection, pretty urls, tabs and custom pages, it starts ringing bells.

Or maybe file permissions set incorrectly. You can check the correct file permissions using ftp client and the ones given in Simple Portal install documentation.

I would check all the file permission setting first before anything else. If that does not work then move on to examine other mods.

Also any mods you might have uninstalled may not have completed removed code - often mods that affect access and urls change the htaccess file and do not reverse changes after uninstalling - worth checking.

The only way to see if it is a mod causing trouble is to uninstall the others. You do not need custom pages if using simple portal - it has its own page system. So I would copy your pages over to the Simple Portal system and uninstall the custom pages mod.
If I were you I would uninstall all of them first and test the site with just Simple Portal. Try and repeat the error.
Add mods back in one by one and try it again.

I have aeva media and highslide installed, and I cant see the smilies pack being a problem.
Files permissions probably then consider  Stop Spammer , Custom Pages and Tabs,  Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus.

And one final thing - what is the result of these errors?
Often most do not make any difference to the use and view of the site - non-fatal errors. When using mods, and even templates, you will always get errors in the error log - everyone gets these.
If it doesnt affect people I would not worry about it. The only other time to worry is if there are thousands of errors each day - then it could affect your server limits.

I have errors in the log everyday but they are ... 'normal' and expected on a modded site.

If not a file permission setting or htaccess file it is most likely caused by other mods. I think the tabs and pages ones are very old and the mods that stop spammers can result in odd effects. Im sure, if you set up a clean SMF site with only simple portal there will be no problem. After that install what is only necessary ... one by one and test.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:33:59 PM by igirisjin »
Everyone is a volunteer here so please try and make a small donation to keep the Simple Portal website running

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
  • SMF Version: 2.1
  • EhPortal Version: 1.22
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »
Obake,

You can run the script below using a custom php block using preview. Don't bother saving the block or you can leave it disabled & just use it with preview to execute the code.

Code: [Select]
global $sourcedir;

$files = glob($sourcedir . "/*.php");

foreach($files as $file)
   @chmod($file, 0755);

The above should recursively adjust all php files in your Sources directory to the 0755 file permission value.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:43:18 PM by Underdog »

Offline Obake

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »
My apologies for being so late back to the topic. Work, life, the holidays, etc. have made for a busy time for me.

As well my thanks for the help, it turns out the problem child is the Stop Spammer mod, 

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.0

I read every blasted page on the mod and applied three fixes that I found, one fix each in Profile.php, Register.php and StopSpammer.php. Could not tell you which one stopped the error logs. After 24 hours, no logs are being produced on 3 different sites.

What initially confused me about this problem was that the various error logs were not produced when Simple Portal was not installed. So it looked like a SP problem. Well, it was not, it is a Stop Spammer problem and sad as it it, it looks like the Stop Spammer author/co-author has no serious intentions of continuing the mod. I do wish he would hand it over to someone else.

Regardless, my thanks to all that helped and to the Simple Portal team for an excellent and wonderful portal.   ;D