Development > Feature Requests

Few suggestions :)

(1/2) > >>

player.samp:
Hello.

I have been working with this package for long time, and I have never seen an option to forbid someone from writing something on the chatbox of the simple portal.

I think that there should be added an option like ban list, and there, we will be able to temp ban, perm ban, and unban:
Accounts
IPs
Emails
Hostnames
etc

And of course that there should be ban list too.

Also, I think that there should be added an option for 'Removing your own shout', that the selected membergroups will be able to remove their own shout. It can help to prevent spams in case someone has a lot of typing mistakes, or giving one more feature to V.I.P members on the forum.

In addition, I suggest adding log to each time when a message is getting removed on the chatbox.

In case my first suggestion about banning someone from the chatbox will be accepted, then I also suggest adding logs to these bans and unbans from the chatbox too.

Moreover, I suggest options to let blocks to be seen by selected members and not only selected membergroups.

Furthermore, I suggest having an option to select membergroups to edit selected blocks, or chats, etc.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that at least one suggestion will be applied. :)

Old Fossil:
The majority of your suggestions can already be done via permissions.

[SiNaN]:

--- Quote from: player.samp on August 25, 2013, 01:41:17 PM ---I have been working with this package for long time, and I have never seen an option to forbid someone from writing something on the chatbox of the simple portal.

I think that there should be added an option like ban list, and there, we will be able to temp ban, perm ban, and unban:
Accounts
IPs
Emails
Hostnames
etc

And of course that there should be ban list too.

In case my first suggestion about banning someone from the chatbox will be accepted, then I also suggest adding logs to these bans and unbans from the chatbox too.

--- End quote ---

Currently only members can post shouts in the shoutbox. So like we did here on this site, you can create a new group and deny this group's access to the shoutbox via shoutbox (custom) permissions. Then you can add the members that you don't want to use shoutbox into this group. I think it's a lot more practical than a ban system.

--- Quote from: player.samp on August 25, 2013, 01:41:17 PM ---Also, I think that there should be added an option for 'Removing your own shout', that the selected membergroups will be able to remove their own shout. It can help to prevent spams in case someone has a lot of typing mistakes, or giving one more feature to V.I.P members on the forum.

In addition, I suggest adding log to each time when a message is getting removed on the chatbox.

--- End quote ---

I have considered this while I was coding the shoutbox the first time and decided that it's not worth the effort. I mean, it's just a shout after all. It shouldn't be a problem to have typos here and there. There might be a mod around here adding that functionality though. I'm not sure.

--- Quote from: player.samp on August 25, 2013, 01:41:17 PM ---Moreover, I suggest options to let blocks to be seen by selected members and not only selected membergroups.

--- End quote ---

This sounds like a specific case and again having something like this in the default package isn't viable. You could again do this by a custom membergroup and permissions.

--- Quote from: player.samp on August 25, 2013, 01:41:17 PM ---Furthermore, I suggest having an option to select membergroups to edit selected blocks, or chats, etc.

--- End quote ---

Blocks aren't modified very often, so this probably won't be added by default too. However you can give the Manage Blocks permission to trusted members of yours.

--- Quote from: player.samp on August 25, 2013, 01:41:17 PM ---Thanks for reading, and I hope that at least one suggestion will be applied. :)

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your suggestions and sorry that we can't apply many of them because of various limitations.

player.samp:
How about adding an option to edit someone/your own shout on the chat? :D

In case someone swears, but he has an important information or something like that on the shout, but swearing is not allowed on the forum, we cannot really know what to do...

It can be useful also for mistakes, etc. :D

[SiNaN]:
Editing shouts had been considered as well. That along with removal of shouts for members could be added in the future but they aren't on my priority list at this time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version