Social > General Discussion

So restrictive

(1/1)

EliteDeeds:
Why is my account so restrictive?  I can't see shout boxes, and my questions have to be 'approved'?  I've a problem that could be addressed by the community, but instead is 'waiting approval'.

Why?

[SiNaN]:
Hello and welcome to SimplePortal!

The problem with the shoutbox was me pushing the incorrect buttons, it should be fixed now. As for the reason why your post had to be approved; it's because it contains a link to an URL which doesn't have an SMF forum installed. This is a restriction we only apply to newly registered users which is to prevent the spammers from flooding our forum with spam.

I apologize for the inconveniences caused and hope that your further experiences with the site would be pleasant ones.

EliteDeeds:
Thanks a ton for your reply, and I totally understand.  I am just eager to get my problem looked at is all, and posting a link right away seemed better than the 'can i have a link to your site so i can see the problem' posts.   :D

Anyrate, I'll be patient. 

Happy codeing
ED

EliteDeeds:
Instead of starting a new thread, I'll expand on this one.

My post got approved, somebody replied with a question.  I responded on th 6th

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:14:12 AM »

Modify
    Remove

Note: This message is awaiting approval by a moderator.

This is the 10th and still not approved?  I can understand approval for fear of spammers.  However 4 days for moderation is a tad excessive don't you think?

I mean, it's not like I waited an hour.  I waited 6 days before I spoke up.
Thanks,
ED

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version