Development > Feature Requests

Blocks above header?

(1/3) > >>

SimianSteam:
Ok, I searched for about an hour, didn't see anything about this. Probably didn't use the correct terms, but I tried.

Is there any way to put a blocks either above, or replacing the forum header? It would be really nice to have the entire forum be modular, not just from the Nav bar down.

andy:
The SPortal header block is below the navigation. Maybe it would be a good suggestion to add in the forum here - for a header type block that is really at the top.

Other than that you can try SMF mods. I'm sure there is a mod to modify the main template to add a block at the top of the page.

AngelinaBelle:
SimianStream,

One option will be to add something to your index.template.php
1) create a block in the blocks editor and take note of its id
2) use the information in the fabulous blocks-in-blocks blog post to put some code to show your block.  http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=5332.msg32204#msg32204

This is definitely customization.  If you ask for help on the customization board, you will get it -- whenever volunteers are available to help.

Good Luck!

SimianSteam:

--- Quote from: andy on May 09, 2014, 05:32:21 AM ---The SPortal header block is below the navigation. Maybe it would be a good suggestion to add in the forum here - for a header type block that is really at the top.

Other than that you can try SMF mods. I'm sure there is a mod to modify the main template to add a block at the top of the page.

--- End quote ---

I just read a thread about Integration mode, but didn't see how to add your entire forum into a block. Can you link me to that info, plz?

SimianSteam:

--- Quote from: AngelinaBelle on May 09, 2014, 11:37:30 AM ---SimianStream,

One option will be to add something to your index.template.php
1) create a block in the blocks editor and take note of its id
2) use the information in the fabulous blocks-in-blocks blog post to put some code to show your block.  http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=5332.msg32204#msg32204

This is definitely customization.  If you ask for help on the customization board, you will get it -- whenever volunteers are available to help.

Good Luck!

--- End quote ---

I'll read that now. Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version