collapse

* Simple Portal Archived Forum

This is an Archive Forum.

The content in this forum may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links in forum pages to other sites may not work.
This forum contains archives for future reference.

Visit our thread at Simple Machines Forum for current support.

SMF 2.1 users: EhPortal is a ported version of Simple Portal specifically designed for the SMF 2.1 branch.
Please visit web-develop.ca to download EhPortal and for its support.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 538
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Shoutbox is not for support!
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: Yup, Still adore SP
    April 21, 2019, 07:08:06 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: STILL love SP :)
    November 24, 2018, 05:05:50 AM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: <3 aegersz
    September 13, 2018, 03:36:09 PM
  • aegersz: I STILL <3 LOVE SimplePortal
    September 13, 2018, 07:11:39 AM
  • aegersz: o LOVE you guys - Simple Portal rocks !
    May 09, 2018, 05:18:59 AM
  • Chen Zhen: our apologies for the site being down.. please read server issues topic
    March 22, 2018, 05:32:38 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: LOL PLEASE forget I just posted that. I found the answer in my own dang post back in 2015. lol sorry!
    July 04, 2017, 10:47:55 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: I know this SB isnt' for support, but I just have a general question. Who would I contact to find out where SP stores its block info? Is it DB driven or files? I searched the site but came up with nothing. probably my fault any insight is appreciated.
    July 04, 2017, 10:43:36 PM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: Excuse me but what does Simpleportal have to deal with that?
    February 05, 2017, 08:21:14 PM
  • WhiteEagle: of course IMHO that site appears to be dead :(
    February 04, 2017, 01:08:05 PM
  • WhiteEagle: If I can get that, then I'll use it for that site...
    February 04, 2017, 01:07:35 PM
  • WhiteEagle: decided to not use SMF for any projects, unless I can get a copy of the premium version of the fanfiction archive plugin
    February 04, 2017, 01:06:54 PM
  • expertdecisions: cloudflare
    January 28, 2017, 08:01:47 AM
  • aegersz: SM release 2.0.13 !
    January 12, 2017, 06:00:13 AM
  • raffo: Tks Emanuele, even if I didn't understand the fix :D
    November 07, 2016, 02:01:20 AM
  • emanuele: [link]
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:50 PM
  • emanuele: raffo: the English support board is a good place. ;)
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
  • raffo: Where can I find the fix for the shoutbox?
    November 01, 2016, 05:06:09 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: To the SP team, I make a point to come here and thank you as much as possible for your work.  so again, THANK YOU!
    October 28, 2016, 10:38:05 AM
  • emanuele: That's indeed funny, the limit is present only in the patch and not the full install.
    October 22, 2016, 06:14:58 PM

* Recent Posts

Adding Forums Button to Nav bar by jirapon
[August 01, 2019, 09:07:12 AM]

Re: Board Icons by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 04:03:41 PM]

MOVED: Czech translation???? by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 03:04:51 PM]

Board Icons by jirapon
[July 30, 2019, 07:28:44 AM]

Re: Thankyou Simpleportal, by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 29, 2019, 09:41:29 AM]

Welcome to SimplePortal.net! You can download SimplePortal from the Downloads Area!

Author Topic: php code  (Read 7212 times)

Offline Oldcrow

• Semi Newbie
    • Seniors Worldwide
  • SMF Version: 2.0.13
  • SP Version: 2.3.6
php code
« on: December 16, 2014, 10:47:00 PM »
I am trying to install a welcome message in php code.

I am totally lost trying to code..the message.

I have a youtube in php code

I have a image rotator in php code.

With out the message it shows the youtube and the images fading in and out.  With the message in the block, all I get is a small empty block..

Someone put me in the right path to code the message.

Thanks Ron..

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
  • SMF Version: 2.1
  • EhPortal Version: 1.22
Re: php code
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 11:15:16 PM »
Oldcrow,

Post the php in a code bbc tag please.

Offline Oldcrow

• Semi Newbie
    • Seniors Worldwide
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 10:22:37 AM »
Oldcrow,

Post the php in a code bbc tag please.

Below is what I'd like in php code:

Are you a geezer?  If you are then at Coffeetime Unlimited you just might meet a few more geezers.  Instead of walking around talking to yourself, you can join our group and talk to others.  As you sit behind your computer you may wonder who you are you are chatting to.  No worries - when we chat with each other, we type all our woes, small groups we will sometimes form, and even gang up on our foes.  We share our secrets and thoughts in our minds with those who we cannot see.  We can't tell "real" people, but tell someone we must, so we turn to the 'puter, and to those we hope we can trust as confidants.  So crazy as it seems, the truth is that we talk to others without faces and odd little names. And this is what Coffeetime Unlimited is all about.  Worldwide friendships, debates, literary, news, health, chit chat and more are waiting for your participation and enjoyment.  C’mon in the waters are warm & friendly.

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 03:52:42 PM »

I misunderstood the original post. You just want that text inside of a PHP block?
The command to display HTML for PHP is echo.
If it is iterated within half-quotes (apostrophes) then you simply use a back slash when you need it to display an apostrophe.

Code: [Select]
echo 'Are you a geezer?  If you are then at Coffeetime Unlimited you just might meet a few more geezers.  Instead of walking around talking to yourself, you can join our group and talk to others.  As you sit behind your computer you may wonder who you are you are chatting to.  No worries - when we chat with each other, we type all our woes, small groups we will sometimes form, and even gang up on our foes.  We share our secrets and thoughts in our minds with those who we cannot see.  We can\'t tell "real" people, but tell someone we must, so we turn to the \'puter, and to those we hope we can trust as confidants.  So crazy as it seems, the truth is that we talk to others without faces and odd little names. And this is what Coffeetime Unlimited is all about.  Worldwide friendships, debates, literary, news, health, chit chat and more are waiting for your participation and enjoyment.  C’mon in the waters are warm & friendly.';

Offline Oldcrow

• Semi Newbie
    • Seniors Worldwide
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 04:45:50 PM »

I misunderstood the original post. You just want that text inside of a PHP block?
The command to display HTML for PHP is echo.
If it is iterated within half-quotes (apostrophes) then you simply use a back slash when you need it to display an apostrophe.

echo 'Are you a geezer?  If you are then at Coffeetime Unlimited you just might meet a few more geezers.  Instead of walking around talking to yourself, you can join our group and talk to others.  As you sit behind your computer you may wonder who you are you are chatting to.  No worries - when we chat with each other, we type all our woes, small groups we will sometimes form, and even gang up on our foes.  We share our secrets and thoughts in our minds with those who we cannot see.  We can\'t tell "real" people, but tell someone we must, so we turn to the \'puter, and to those we hope we can trust as confidants.  So crazy as it seems, the truth is that we talk to others without faces and odd little names. And this is what Coffeetime Unlimited is all about.  Worldwide friendships, debates, literary, news, health, chit chat and more are waiting for your participation and enjoyment.  C’mon in the waters are warm & friendly.';

OK sorry about that.. Yea inside the box..I have searched for php codes and tried them all. If I do a simple test like the php code has it shows me the two or three line from the code.. Yet when I try it on my message I get a long narrow blank box..

Is there a php code for a paragraph..

Ron..

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 10:55:54 PM »

The <p> tag is for paragraphs.

ie.
echo '<p>Are you a geezer?  If you are then at Coffeetime Unlimited you just might meet a few more geezers.</p><p>Instead of walking around talking to yourself, you can join our group and talk to others.  As you sit behind your computer you may wonder who you are you are chatting to.  No worries - when we chat with each other, we type all our woes, small groups we will sometimes form, and even gang up on our foes.</p><p>  We share our secrets and thoughts in our minds with those who we cannot see.  We can\'t tell "real" people, but tell someone we must, so we turn to the \'puter, and to those we hope we can trust as confidants.</p><p>  So crazy as it seems, the truth is that we talk to others without faces and odd little names. And this is what Coffeetime Unlimited is all about.  Worldwide friendships, debates, literary, news, health, chit chat and more are waiting for your participation and enjoyment.  C’mon in the waters are warm & friendly.</p>';

Offline Oldcrow

• Semi Newbie
    • Seniors Worldwide
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »

The <p> tag is for paragraphs.

ie.
echo '<p>Are you a geezer?  If you are then at Coffeetime Unlimited you just might meet a few more geezers.</p><p>Instead of walking around talking to yourself, you can join our group and talk to others.  As you sit behind your computer you may wonder who you are you are chatting to.  No worries - when we chat with each other, we type all our woes, small groups we will sometimes form, and even gang up on our foes.</p><p>  We share our secrets and thoughts in our minds with those who we cannot see.  We can\'t tell "real" people, but tell someone we must, so we turn to the \'puter, and to those we hope we can trust as confidants.</p><p>  So crazy as it seems, the truth is that we talk to others without faces and odd little names. And this is what Coffeetime Unlimited is all about.  Worldwide friendships, debates, literary, news, health, chit chat and more are waiting for your participation and enjoyment.  C’mon in the waters are warm & friendly.</p>';

Thanks Underdog, the other Admin. keep changing the wording..

I changed over to html code and have it all working.. except the message, that'll come when there done..

Thanks for the help, appreciated..

Ron..