Development > Applied Requests

add "Last Edited by:" string in pages

(1/2) > >>

mano82:
As the title says I would like to have a little string saying who's last edited and when the page.

I'm managing sort of an internal wiki on my website and it will be interesting to have an indication of who and when last edited the page.

I know where to edit part of the "page" template, found in /Themes/default/PortalPages.template.php, but I'm totally lost concerning how to include the members and last edit date. Presumably I need to add two columns in the (smf_)sp_pages table of the database for the userid (or name) and the edit date, but I don't know where to put my hands to manage the part of the code concerning the user's edit action.

For whom is already writing me about simplewiki, I've already tried to bridge SMF/SP to simplewiki but was not successful because it didn't worked at all concerning the memberships. If someone had the same problem and solved it I would be glad to hear how he did...

Thanks

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
I wonder why you would "ever" post in this section, really...

mano82:
wow that really helped....as the little text below my name says...I'm a newbie of this forum and smf/sp in general. maybe I misunderstood the section?

@Mods: sorry. Wrong place. Could some one please move this topic?

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
I answered like that because it takes quite a bit of effort to get into this section already, making me think you have digged a bit before asking but in the end if you did I really wonder why you came in here, lol.
Besides at the moment there isn't such a thing... I'd highly suggest you to restrict who has SP admin permissions instead :/ you don't want someone to random pages don't you? ;)

mano82:
lol actually i digged the forum a bit but evidently i didn't understood it structure...

the problem is not who has admin permission so who actually edit the page. that is under control. the need was strictly informative and show the reader who's the author of the page.

anyway, I'll post in the new request. thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version