Development > Feature Requests

Portal Per Forum / Multiple Portals

(1/1)

kode54:
I have a variation of multiple portals / portal per forum that I would like to employ on my ElkArte forum, to match a custom coded portal setup I have on an aging Invision Power Board 2.3.x forum. I need a portal on the default index, containing various views of most of the subforums on the site. Then I need one of the excluded subforums to have its own mini-portal, which I really only need to contain a recent topics block above the nested subforums list.

Eliana Tamerin:
What do you mean by various views? What particular views?

kode54:
Sorry. I have a portal with mostly default blocks on the main forum index. The posts view on the side is hidden, and the center top is set to display a recent topics view for most of the subforums on the site, followed by forum news, then a news/topics view displaying the recent posts from the Validated News (reply only) subforum.

What I actually need that's different is the ability to insert maybe one block into a particular subforum, displaying topics, configured to display the recent topics from that subforum and its children.

EDIT: Another feature request I'd like. The ability to add a Show More or Go button on the Recent Topics / Posts block, that can display a search query containing a reasonable (or configurable?) range of recent posts from the subforums that are enabled for that particular block.

Eliana Tamerin:

--- Quote ---What I actually need that's different is the ability to insert maybe one block into a particular subforum, displaying topics, configured to display the recent topics from that subforum and its children.
--- End quote ---

You should already be able to accomplish this with the block display settings. You can select specific actions, boards or pages for the block to appear on, or you can set up a custom solution. Check the Advanced Options to activate these settings.

kode54:
Yeah, thanks, I only just noticed this. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version