Social > Team Blogs

Status Update

(1/5) > >>

[SiNaN]:
Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since someone gave an update on what's happening with SimplePortal. (I wonder why does every blog post I make starts with the same sentence, lol) So I thought I would take the chance to say a "Hello!" with my new, shiny orange badge and let you know that we're still alive.

As you may have already noticed, we have update the site yesterday. Now we are using SMF 2.0 RC5 and a slightly customized SimplePortal 2.3.3. It was a rather painful process, as the last time I did a real update was about 2 years ago. We have things more organized with this update, so hopefully it won't be as difficult in the future.

About the SimplePortal itself; 2.4 is still in our plans and I'm positive that we'll be able to release it in the near future. However, before that we are planning a new bug fix release, 2.3.4, because of a few unfortunate bugs in 2.3.3.

Other than that, about a month ago, unfortunately, Nathaniel decided to step down from his developer role. He was there, with me from the beginning and if I'm the "father" of SimplePortal, Nathaniel would be the "uncle". What we have now wouldn't have been possible without him. I can't thank him enough for his invaluable contributions to SimplePortal. Thank you very much, Nathaniel!

Lastly, I would like to give my thanks to AngelineBelle (aka angel and Queen of Support), for her consistent support while we have all been slacking. I would also like to congratulate grafitus as the new Customize Team Apprentice. Hopefully we'll see him all purple soon. Oh, he is actually purple now. Welcome to team, grafitus!

MaXi:
Nice! Let's go SimplePortal 2.4! :-)

Eudemon:
if you're the "father" of sp why not let Nathaniel be the "mother" instead of "uncle"
and AngelineBelle would be the "uncle" and all other staff are part of the family :D

and i'm just a strange passenger   (joke ;P

looking forward to the 2.4, goodjob guys and thank you for your great mod and support

grafitus:
Because Nathaniel is *not* female. ;)

Eudemon:
but but a male can be a mother of a *project* too
... how about step father  ;P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version