Getting Simple Portal to pass Googles modile friendly test

(1/5) > >>

andy:
Someone over on SMF suggested changing the width in the portal.css from

min-width: 750px;

Change to:

min-width: device-width;

THIS IS NOT A GOOD ANSWER - AS STATED BELOW

If using blocks right and left this will shrink the center blocks to nothing.... not much use if all your important info is on the front page in a block that cant be seen.

Without changing the default width Simple Portal fails the Google mobile friendly test.
I tried changing this a bit and found a value of 650px would show the center block enough and pass the  mobile friendly test.

It would be worth making a Mod for Simple Portal to drop the side columns to the bottom  or  let them collapse. Problem with collapsing side columns is having advertising blocks.

At least, setting the min-width to 650px should pass the test and leave the center block readable  - if side columns are not too wide. My columns are 230 wide and its ok.

Rupurudu!:
On my forum, I removed min-width: 750px; and dropping right column to the bottom. It's not really hard. I can post a mod or howto topic if you want.

andy:
Would be nice to drop both L/R columns to the bottom if possible. 

andy:
I left a message in the SP team board about this  a week ago. I guess the best thing would be to reduce the side blocks to some minimum setting and resize any images in them. Or have an option to move or collapse them.

Rupurudu!:
Well, my code drops right column to bottom and left column to the top. But I'm not using the left column, so this was not a problem for me.

/Themes/default/css/portal.css

Find:

--- Code: ---body
{
min-width: 750px;
}

--- End code ---
Replace with:

--- Code: ---@media only screen and (max-width: 750px), only screen and (min-resolution: 300dpi) {

#sp_main #sp_left, #sp_main #sp_center, #sp_main #sp_right {
display: block;
width: auto !important;
padding: 0;
}
}

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version