Customization > Blocks and Modifications

Custom Portal Mod

<< < (2/25) > >>

Mithotyn:
Magic touches : )

simply sibyl:
Hi SiNaN,

I downloaded and installed this on my test forum.  It worked fine with no issues  (its very cool)
But -  after updating Java on my computer I find its not liking Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.17 at all with IE 7.0   (Ive not tested yet with 8.0 - and its fine with Firefox and Opera)     Using 7.0 if you click on any board, topic, post, you'll immediately get a popup from IE stating "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site"   then "Operation Aborted" and you have no choice but to get booted off the page.    It happens to me now on your site and didnt before the Java update.    Even though it may well be some IE7.0 fluke its just something I thought you should know.

[SiNaN]:
I have updated the package to get rid of the AJAX call and use regular JavaScript instead. It should be a lot faster now, as fast as regular SMF collapse feature.

--- Quote from: simply sibyl on November 30, 2009, 06:33:56 PM ---But -  after updating Java on my computer I find its not liking Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.17 at all with IE 7.0   (Ive not tested yet with 8.0 - and its fine with Firefox and Opera)     Using 7.0 if you click on any board, topic, post, you'll immediately get a popup from IE stating "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site"   then "Operation Aborted" and you have no choice but to get booted off the page.    It happens to me now on your site and didnt before the Java update.    Even though it may well be some IE7.0 fluke its just something I thought you should know.

--- End quote ---

There is a similar SMF bug. It might be related to that, rather than this:

http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=3304

Try uninstalling this package and see if the issue is still there. If yes, than it certainly has something to do with this package.

Eliana Tamerin:
It seems much faster.

What about blocks without titles? Would it be possible to make (just on those blocks) the entire block click-and-dragable for moving purposes?

Name suggestion: iCustom mod for SimplePortal? Sounds too long, but it's a place to start.

simply sibyl:

--- Quote from: [SiNaN] on December 01, 2009, 01:56:11 PM ---I have updated the package to get rid of the AJAX call and use regular JavaScript instead. It should be a lot faster now, as fast as regular SMF collapse feature.

--- Quote from: simply sibyl on November 30, 2009, 06:33:56 PM ---But -  after updating Java on my computer I find its not liking Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.17 at all with IE 7.0   (Ive not tested yet with 8.0 - and its fine with Firefox and Opera)     Using 7.0 if you click on any board, topic, post, you'll immediately get a popup from IE stating "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site"   then "Operation Aborted" and you have no choice but to get booted off the page.    It happens to me now on your site and didnt before the Java update.    Even though it may well be some IE7.0 fluke its just something I thought you should know.

--- End quote ---

There is a similar SMF bug. It might be related to that, rather than this:

http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=3304

Try uninstalling this package and see if the issue is still there. If yes, than it certainly has something to do with this package.

--- End quote ---

I'll check into that.     I uninstalled it..  the issue immediately went away.
Are you using the new pkg on your site?  It still does it to me there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version