Development > Fixed or Bogus Bugs

Shoutbox refresh and page reload discrepancy

<< < (2/26) > >>

ccbtimewiz:
I don't get these problems on my site with Firefox, so it might be the Javascript or other things running on your site, which is why I asked for a link.

About your custom search-- I don't know what you mean by it entirely, but it's possible to just adapt the current search index to include more fields, it's actually easy as long as you follow SMF's way of doing it.

tomeh:
I have the same problem with shoutbox

andy:
One site giving trouble is on Bluehost shared hosting plan. I cant remember having problems before with the refresh - a month ago or so.
I tested different accounts and different browsers ... there might be something related to firefox 8 but I'm still having problems with Chrome and Opera. It often displays shouts after the first one with refresh, then it doesn't work until the page is reloaded. After a reload the refresh 'usually' works 1 more time before it stops working until another page reload.

I've spent too much time on this already so its a closed topic for me now.

Chen Zhen:

Navigate to: Admin -> SimplePortal -> Shoutbox

Modify the shoutbox you are using (wrench).

* Enable Caching
* Set auto-refresh to 10 seconds
Test it after adjusting the above settings.

andy:
With all the other scripts running there is no way I would set the refresh to 10 seconds on a shared hosting plan - probably the script would be automatically restricted within hours of doing that... used to be Bluehosts answer to overuse!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version