SimplePortal > News and Announcements

SimplePortal 2.3.4 RC1 Released!

(1/11) > >>

[SiNaN]:
The SimplePortal Team has been hard at work for the last several months developing the next version of SimplePortal, 2.3.4, code-named "cherry"! We've heard your feedback, and included many requested features in our upcoming version, although it was supposed to be a bug-fix-only release.

Since we would like to have testing and feedback for our new version, in order to provide you the most stable product possible, we have decided to make our release candidate public. This means you can download the upcoming version now, test and report the bugs.

However, please note that: There will be no install/upgrade/uninstall support provided for/from RC1 version. Although this is a stable version, we strongly advise against using this package on your live forums. This package is only for testing purposes.

For those who are wondering, here's some (but not all) of the features of our new version:

* SMF 2.0.1 and 1.1.15 compatibility.
* Two new positions for blocks: header and footer.
* Revamped permission system with the ability to deny permissions.
* Complex display options using PHP expressions for block display.
* Implemented basic flood protection for shoutbox.
* Introduced group based shoutbox moderators.
* Added ability to prune shoutboxes with various options.
* Links posted to shoutbox are now shortened.
* Added ability to whisper (write private shouts) in shoutbox.
* Improved compatibility with other mods.
* Improved Right-To-Left languages support.
* Fixed the bugs reported in 2.3.3.Your feedback is welcome here and in the related topics in Team Blogs board. Please post any bugs to the Bugs board.

You can download the package from Beta Packages category in Downloads area.

Thanks,
-The SimplePortal Team

ZiFFeL:
First of all thank you very much for the new update to all the team.
I´ve already installed the portal, everything appear to be ok, if i discover any issue, i´ll notify.
Thank you and regards

Mick.:
Awesome  ;)

Kryzen:
Wooohoooooo! Congrats :D

gisfreak:
yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, congrats dev team, awesome job

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version