SimplePortal > News and Announcements

SimplePortal 2.3.6 Released!

<< < (3/9) > >>

Darknico:
Good Work!

--- Quote from: [SiNaN] on October 10, 2014, 11:56:28 AM ---For those who might be wondering about the language packages; there were no changes to language strings in 2.3.6 version, so the language packages for 2.3.5 can safely be used for 2.3.6 version as well.

--- End quote ---

Great! ;D

{OCS}MasterSeal:
Thanks for updating such an already great addition to SMF! Forgive the nOOb question I'm about to ask but,...
according to this part of your post:

--- Quote from: [SiNaN] on October 09, 2014, 05:01:59 PM ---Unfortunately, there is no auto-upgrade option from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 due to the number of changes. So, if you are running 2.3.5 or an older version, you can upgrade by following these three steps. You shouldn't lose any data, but for safety, you should always back up before modifying your forum.

--- End quote ---

My dilemma is:
when you uninstall using the package manager, it of course asks if you want to delete data pertaining to your SP package install etc.
There's also the fact that I have many themes that I included on the original install of 2.3.5. that were integrated into the original SP v 2.3.5 install.

I'm assuming I'll lose my block and other portal information for the layout of my site if I delete all the data, however do I want to install the new 2.3.6 both files AND data over the top of 2.3.5 database/data information? or do I need to just uninstall the files and keep the data before I install the 2.3.6 version again?

thanks for your help!

...Seal...

[SiNaN]:
Hello and welcome to SimplePortal!

If you want to keep your blocks, pages, shoutboxes, etc. from older versions of SimplePortal (like 2.3.5) and upgrade to 2.3.6 version, this is what you should do:

1) Get a back-up of your files and database. (you probably won't need them, but just in case)
2) Uninstall the older version (like 2.3.5) making sure that "Remove all data associated with this modification." option is NOT checked.
3) Install 2.3.6 package.
4) Have fun!

{OCS}MasterSeal:
Most appreciated. Thank you:)

:thumbsup:

joeseppy:

--- Quote from: [SiNaN] on October 10, 2014, 03:59:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Chas on October 10, 2014, 01:54:03 PM ---Any new features in there?

--- End quote ---

Not really, for this particular version. However, we have been developing the new version of SimplePortal with new major features in another branch.

--- End quote ---

HI ALL THANKS FOR UPDATE REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR WORK.

Can I ask, what is this new branch and are there any more details? Sounds interesting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version