Support > Install and Upgrade

can't install

(1/2) > >>

Teetee:
Firstly I get this error:

--- Code: ---1. Execute Modification smf2/install.xml Modification parse error
  2. Execute Modification smf2/install.xml Modification parse error
--- End code ---

Then when I go to "Maintenance" and delete the file caches and my caches and go back installing it this error doesnt occur

but this does when I press "install"

--- Code: ---You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!
--- End code ---

then when I try to go back installing it gives same error as I said first.

P.S Tried that "temp" folder too with 0777 permissions but still nop.

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Hi and welcome to SimplePortal! :)
What are your permissions on the Packages folder? Did you try to set them to 755? What happens if you do?

P.s.: no need to post in the shoutbox, we see the new topics ;)

Teetee:

--- Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on February 10, 2015, 03:29:29 PM ---Hi and welcome to SimplePortal! :)
What are your permissions on the Packages folder? Did you try to set them to 755? What happens if you do?

P.s.: no need to post in the shoutbox, we see the new topics ;)

--- End quote ---
I tried that too

420connect:

--- Quote from: Teetee on February 10, 2015, 12:21:53 PM ---P.S Tried that "temp" folder too with 0777 permissions but still nop.

--- End quote ---

Does that mean you added a new folder called "temp" to your "Packages" folder?

just making sure I'm understanding that correctly..  also if your "Packages" folder 755 too?

Also, this may sound silly but you could even try deleting the empty temp folder, then recreating it - I'm sure that's fixed things in the past for me!

Is Simple Portal the first modification you're installing or have you been able to install other mods previously with no problem?

Teetee:

--- Quote from: 420connect on February 10, 2015, 07:37:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Teetee on February 10, 2015, 12:21:53 PM ---P.S Tried that "temp" folder too with 0777 permissions but still nop.

--- End quote ---

Does that mean you added a new folder called "temp" to your "Packages" folder?

just making sure I'm understanding that correctly..  also if your "Packages" folder 755 too?

Also, this may sound silly but you could even try deleting the empty temp folder, then recreating it - I'm sure that's fixed things in the past for me!

Is Simple Portal the first modification you're installing or have you been able to install other mods previously with no problem?

--- End quote ---

temp folder is auto-deleted and therefore needs to be created and everytime created I must assign 077 permissions to specific folder and Packages is 0777 now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version