Support > Install and Upgrade

Need Help - Upgrading from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6

(1/3) > >>

Anastasie:
Ok - so I was following the instructions to uninstall 2.3.5 prior to installing 2.3.6 on the test version of my forum.  I did see error messages before uninstalling like previous posters.

Somehow when I went to upload and install 2.3.6, I inadvertently installed it on my live forum instead of the test forum. 

Now my live forum is completely dead and I can't do anything.  I hadn't uninstalled 2.3.5 from the live forum yet since I wasn't intending to upgrade it until I verified it was working on my test forum. 

I went into mySQL database and uploaded my forum back-up and my site is still down.

I'm not sure what to do at this point to fix this.  Please help.

I can't get my test forum or live forum to load at this point.  :'(

--- Quote ---Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
--- End quote ---

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:

--- Quote from: Anastasie on May 01, 2015, 01:13:30 PM ---Now my live forum is completely dead and I can't do anything.  I hadn't uninstalled 2.3.5 from the live forum yet since I wasn't intending to upgrade it until I verified it was working on my test forum.
--- End quote ---
So you installed 2.3.6 onto 2.3.5, is it correct? Out of curiosity... How could you possibly do that? The package manager should have warned you about tons of things failing...

--- Quote from: Anastasie on May 01, 2015, 01:13:30 PM ---I went into mySQL database and uploaded my forum back-up and my site is still down.
--- End quote ---
Please distinguish between FORUM and DATABASE, they are 2 different things. The database backup is not that important, it's the forum that is damaged as of now. You need to upload the backup of the FORUM, not the database. You should find your backup in your /forum root/Packages/backups directory, upload the latest one that you have (before installing 2.3.6) and it should be back up in minutes.
Let me know what you come up with.

In the future, please be careful whether you edit your live site or test one, I use 2 different servers for that, a free host for the test site is very good since you don't pay for your tests and you can hack your files in the worst possible way, but you can always re-install the whole forum on the test site if something goes wrong.
Regards

Anastasie:
I got both test and live forums restored.  When I tried to uninstall 2.3.5 from my test forum I got the following error messages so I didn't do it.  Not sure what I can do to fix this.

See attached screen captures.

I'm kind of nervous to screw this up again...

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Attach those files and we will see what we can do ;) Good choice not to go on, too.
P.S.: your mods list would be appreciated, to have an idea of how many you got there.

Anastasie:
here are the files

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version