Customization > Blocks and Modifications

[Plugin] jQuery Navgoco Menus

<< < (3/3)

iain sherriff:
I want to display all the categories and boards in them to ALL users (so they can see what is available at other access levels).
I don't want this list of boards and categories to just show what the viewing user has access to and I don't want them to use the display as a link to go to the categories or boards

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:

--- Quote from: iain sherriff on May 09, 2015, 11:57:03 AM ---I want to display all the categories and boards in them to ALL users (so they can see what is available at other access levels).
--- End quote ---
STRONGLY discouraged, there is a mod for that but it causes a lot of other issues. What you are trying to achieve goes against the natural SMF workflow that "If you can't see it, you can't use it".

--- Quote from: iain sherriff on May 09, 2015, 11:57:03 AM ---I don't want this list of boards and categories to just show what the viewing user has access to and I don't want them to use the display as a link to go to the categories or boards

--- End quote ---
What do you mean with display in this case?

iain sherriff:
thanks.

The Business our forum is an Official Support group for is structured as a multi level ladder. Members need to work hard to get themselves in the position where they are able to move up. They all know what levels are available to them. My aim is to show them that the forum covers all the levels and (by showing the boards as well as categories) what specific areas they will get support for as they progress.

By "display" I mean the block

I could just do this manually with a BBC block and update it by editing if we add more boards but would like to keep it "automatic"

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Like I said... I can't add anything more than that, and I can't remember the mod that does it either, always disliked it for the issues it was causing.

--- Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on May 09, 2015, 12:35:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: iain sherriff on May 09, 2015, 11:57:03 AM ---I want to display all the categories and boards in them to ALL users (so they can see what is available at other access levels).
--- End quote ---
STRONGLY discouraged, there is a mod for that but it causes a lot of other issues. What you are trying to achieve goes against the natural SMF workflow that "If you can't see it, you can't use it".
--- End quote ---

iain sherriff:
OK. thnaks for that. Advice accepted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version