Customization > Custom Coding

Is it possible to make Recent Posts/Topics a little less Recent?

<< < (2/4) > >>

emanuele:
Oh, okay, you meant in *that* sense.
I understood it was showing only few posts because the forum was too active and it was not showing enough.

Chen Zhen:
I added the function to one of my existing mods.
You can download it from here:
https://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;area=stable_simple_portal_plugins;file=26

Adjust the new options in your recent posts/topics block settings.
The mod also attempts to fix broken bbcode/html in posts it displays within board news.

Please let me know if that works as expected.

Dwev:

--- Quote from: Chen Zhen on May 10, 2018, 03:10:28 PM ---Please let me know if that works as expected.

--- End quote ---

Yes it does, problem solved and I'm now a very happy camper!

Do I have your permission to post this in the SMF forum as well?
There were people there in the past that were looking for the same solution...

By the way: in the package-info.xml it says "install for="2.0 - 2.0.98", were it normally says "install for="2.0 - 2.0.99".
Is that a typo, or an inside joke?

Dwev:
And one more question (hope I'm not getting too greedy here):

Would it also be possible to exclude topics that are locked from the list of Recent Posts/Topics?

Chen Zhen:

--- Quote ---Do I have your permission to post this in the SMF forum as well?
--- End quote ---

You can post the link to the download page on my forum but not the plug-in itself.

--- Quote ---Would it also be possible to exclude topics that are locked from the list of Recent Posts/Topics?

--- End quote ---

It uses topics from the boards you opt in the block settings.
All topics that are visible to the member will be listed.
To have it use some sort of specific topic selection would just be too vast of a list on the admin page in most circumstances.
To convey specific information such as you suggest is what something like articles is for.

I will be making another update to the plug-in later today.. it will be version 1.21 when it is ready and available from the same download page.
I overlooked something regarding total number of topics/posts that has to be adjusted.

--- Quote ---By the way: in the package-info.xml it says "install for="2.0 - 2.0.98", were it normally says "install for="2.0 - 2.0.99".
--- End quote ---

There will never be SMF 2.0.99 for that branch.
I set that up like that on purpose in all my mods/plug-ins due to SMF 2.1 beta/RC versions (2.0.99 - 2.1.98).
It's a branch catch-all that works quite well. SMF devs do version increments in such a way that it will never reach that .99 version number.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version