SimplePortal > Site Discussion

Post approval is a real turn-off

<< < (2/3) > >>

FrizzleFried:
...and somehow you think that being a ripe prick to those who do help out here is going to get you your answer quicker?  Hmmm... your logic is flawed.

[SiNaN]:
I think the original poster is raising a valid concern. So let's all calm down. :)

Due to the excessive time we had been spending on fighting with spam, we've a mod here that requires approval for the posts that contains links from users that doesn't meet a definite post count requirement. You're right in that you shouldn't have to wait your post to be approved if you're seeking support. I apologize.

To prevent false positive cases (like yours) I had designed the mod to make sure the link isn't considered spam if the linked site is an SMF install. There seems to be a problem with that part of the mod which has caused this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Burke Knight:
Wait.

You made a mod that can detect an SMF install in a link?!?!?!
I so need a copy of that for BK Modding's web host....LOL

Okay, so that explains why I needed to ask my question.
The OP's post that was caught, should not have been.
I knew there was something off about post approval, especially in install board...LOL

[SiNaN]:
It's not actually a mod but part of a mod. It just checks if the linked site is an SMF forum or not.

[SiNaN]:
I just checked the code again and the problem was your site didn't like the mod making a visit without providing a user agent. I made sure the request is accompanied by a valid user agent now and tested it with your site. It's all working fine, without problems now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version