Customization > Blocks and Modifications

BoardNews for Frontpage block

<< < (2/9) > >>

AngelinaBelle:
It should be possible to do the same to articles, or to sp_articles block or a boardnews block.

If you are interested, this is a customization project, involving mostly HTML and CSS. Very little PHP knowledge will be required.

zapiy:
Yes please? :nervous-happy:

andy:
Would be a nice addition to have a recent topics/select board with preview image, ... or same for article block.
Does it select the first image in an article or allow selection of any image, or uploaded image...? And the resize image?

Its a popular style of display for Joomla K2 content management, Drupal CCK, and blogs.

AngelinaBelle:
OK.  I have moved this to customization.

Actually, I would not promise the images and the image layout. Because that would almost certainly require changes on the database. And I am not so confident in doing that.  I have never packaged a mod, myself.

Here is what I would propose to help you with:
1) Begin with BoardNews, because it is already closest to what you wish to achieve
2) Change the style for the heading

If you want the picture layout to be like that, you will have to find another way. You can use a bbc table, or you can use HTML to create a floating img, or you can use the AEVA Media mod, for example (the caveat with AEVA Media is that its author will not be updating it for future versions of SMF).

I am not an awesome coder. So I will get you started and you will wind up learning quite a bit.
Ready?

andy:
The image makes the difference so without it the current blocks are fine. As its such a hassle ... probably not worth it (for me).
Maybe this year I will start learning php ... maybe. But it seems like a big leap to being able to understand where to get information in SMF and use it.
After Japan I will go back to civil engineering or perhaps back to school to do IT or computer science - again ...
Might specialize in web programming if it looks like I can make a decent living out of it, and the projects look interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version