Development > Bugs

Shoutbox can't refresh on non utf-8 languages

<< < (2/3) > >>

Delete Me:
I've got smf 2.0.11, SP 2.3.6, php 5.5, and the shoutbox has the same issue with not refreshing.  Further, randomly upon page refresh, doesn't show the last message entered, refreshing the page repeatedly eventually yields all messages.. very random.

I've used the correct file found in one of these posts but it hasn't solved either of these issues at all.  This shoutbox is hugely bugged, can anyone help me out or point me to what I should do?

Delete Me:
Bump :/   Uninstall then reinstall, using the corrected shoutbox file linked on one of those two threads, clearing forum cache, even using a brand new forum from fresh install.... This shoutbox does not auto-refresh and still does not always load all messages.  I am using english -utf8.

Has anyone found a real working solution to this?

emanuele:
Link to your forum?

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Also, not to be mean, but if it works for everyone who tried that fix other than you, please don't claim it's bugged, everytime it's something else messed up by either the host or some template conflict, not the shoutbox itself.
And yes, a link to your forum could help, with a visible shoutbox of course ;)

Regards

FLHS:
Hello,

the solution described doesn't works for me.
What have I done?

I transfered my server from an old hardware to a new Hardware.

* I created a dump from the SQL database with "mysqldump -u root -p <database> > /backup/<database>.sql"
* I got the user with "SHOW GRANTS FOR '<username>'@'localhost';"
* I backup the folder with the installationI restored the whole site on the new machine in the same way:

* Copy the folder to the new location
* Recreated the datbase with "mysql -u root -p <database> < /backup/<database>.SQL"
* Recreated the user with the two liner from the output step 2 above.By this way, I moved from Debian 6 and PHP 5.3.3-7+squeeze28 to Debian 8.5 and PHP 7.0.7-5.
Other things haven't changed.

Everythings runs fine - exept the shoutbox! :(

After every shout I've to refresh the site to make the shout visible.

Of course, I tried the solution described in this thread. But it doesn't work.
After changing the source, nothing changes on the shoutbox but in the error.log I found the following entry:

--- Quote --- PHP Fatal error:  Function name must be a string in <path_to>/Sources/Load.php(2213) : eval()'d code on line 271, referer: http://www.hdb-board.de/index.php?PHPSESSID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;wwwRedirect

--- End quote ---

Does anyone know to solve this?

Thanks
Jens

Edit:
With the template downloaded by here, it runs fine!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version