SimplePortal > Site Discussion

SMF Version in profile needs updating

<< < (3/4) > >>

[SiNaN]:
It turns out that a bug in SMF was causing the issue. I apologize. You should be able to edit those fields now.

Burke Knight:
Sinan old friend, may I make a suggestion?
Have them show under Forum Profile instead of Account Settings, so people do not have to enter their password just to change the versions.... ;)

Mike Vail:
Works perfectly now! Thanks so much!

Have an awesome day...
Mike Vail

[SiNaN]:

--- Quote from: BurkeKnight on October 13, 2014, 02:24:59 PM ---Sinan old friend, may I make a suggestion?
Have them show under Forum Profile instead of Account Settings, so people do not have to enter their password just to change the versions.... ;)

--- End quote ---

That's how we had it initially. Later, we limited new members' permissions to only allow for changing account settings because of signature and website field spammers. To make sure that new members could change their SMF and SP versions, we moved those fields to account settings. Now I realized that the SMF bug doesn't let them change those fields although they can see it. I didn't want to change where they appeared since it had been there for years but I guess it's not a big deal and makes things easier. So they now appear on forum profile page.

Burke Knight:
Really wish you'd install a Likes system, my friend. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version