Development > Fixed or Bogus Bugs

shoutbox, reverse order, custom smileys causes bad scrolling in some browsers

(1/3) > >>

telemus:
Hello all,

Hopefully this is posted in the correct place.

I will start this off by mentioning that this issue only appears to happen in FireFox and Google Chrome -- NOT in Internet Explorer 9
I've recently ran into an issue since I've added more custom smileys to my shoutbox.
I will try to explain this to the best of my knowledge.

After I added the new smileys, the shoutbox randomly scrolls up just enough to where it cuts off 2-3 lines in the shoutbox. (Attachment #1) so I have to manually scroll it back down to see what was said. --which this issue only shows up when smileys are put into the shoutbox. If there are no smileys, there are no issues..

After I send a message, the shoutbox will stay at the bottom, but then randomly go back up 2-3 lines again.
So it's a constant battle, and it started when I added smileys.
The only way I know how to actually fix it is to move to IE and IE is reallllly bad :(
Does anyone know how this can be fixed for Chrome / Firefox?

If someone needs a test account to view this problem, just let me know. I would love to get this fixed  :)

Thank you in advance

telemus:
To add, I reversed the order back to default and the issue does not exist.
It has something to do with it being in reverse order. but I really love reverse order and everyone has gotten used to it.

telemus:
After doing some more troubleshooting, it appears that MAYBE the scrollHeight is being called before the images are fully loaded which is causing an issue with it being able to scroll all the way down..

--- Code: --- if ($shoutbox['reverse'])
echo '
var objDiv = document.getElementById("shouts_', $shoutbox['id'], '");
objDiv.scrollTop = objDiv.scrollHeight;';
--- End code ---

Me and a friend brainstorming

but it seems the scrollHeight is being called before the images are actually loaded? if that makes any sense

TinMan:
Did this happen before you added the new smileys?  Not sure if it will help but after adding new smileys, you may try to empty the file cache in forum maintenance.

telemus:
well, I wouldn't think that would be the case. It only happens in reverse order (which is what I want to use)

I moved back to normal to where the new shouts are on the top and the issue is gone (without clearing cache)

Thanks for responding btw!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version