Development > Declined Requests

Shout "room" selector

(1/3) > >>

newsman:
Would like to see..... multiple shout boxes that switch on the fly....

Say: left-middle-right block layout.

In the middle blok the shoutbox.
In the right block a shout "room" selector.

Shoutbox                                                                  Rooms         
|-----------------------------------------------------------|   |----------------------------------|
say: blabla                                                                   -Public                         
say: nej nej                                                                  -Helpdesk
say: JoJo                                                                      -Private Staff
say: hihi
say: goto helpdesk
say: Need help ?
|-----------------------------------------------------------|   |----------------------------------|

When someone needs another room Like helpdesk they click on Helpdesk. The page refreshes and only the shoutbox changes to helpdesk, the rest of the portal page stays the same.

When they are done they click on Public and the whole portal page refreshes but only the shoutbox blok switches back to the public shoutbox.

Staff could use a private shout "room" and switch on the fly....

Greetz

Kryzen:
Hey! Welcome to Simple Portal. :) Try this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=466369.0

newsman:
I knew that one. It directs to different pages. It does not leave the rest of the original front page "unchanged" it just switches out the whole page. At least that's what it did for me..... maybe i screwed something up....?

I don't wanna clone 5 front pages only for the shoutbox to change, that's too difficult with complex front pages. I just want the shoutbox block to swap on 1 and the same frontpage (after refresh)

Let's call it block switching.... :)

Would something like this be possible ?

Greetz

Kryzen:
I'm afraid that's not possible, but it sounds like a very awesome idea. It would take some time to implement though, but it's worth requesting it as a feature for sure. I'll see what I can do. ;)

newsman:
Would open up a whole new concept in my opinion.....

For example:

Shoutboxes that change on the fly and thus creating shoutbox rooms same like chatrooms.

Different blocks which would switch on the fly and be controlled with selectors. Different custom "Who's online" blocks that users can control themselves, "last topic" or rather "last post's" selector... click and switch...

Greetz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version