Development > Declined Requests

jQuery Content Slider

(1/4) > >>

Stigmartyr:
Greetings Simple Portal fans and devs.  I'm a freelance web designer that enjoys using SMF+TP for my forums, but find the 'front' page presentation lacking some present day features.

One of them being a content slider block in jQuery.  It would be nice to have a feature that converts the front page into more of a blog or ezine to highlight content in the forums.  Would be awesome to see what the community comes up with for their version.

Facebook/Twitter cluster in a block would be nice, too.  These are all things I am doing myself but they're all customized instances.  I thought it would enhance the 'portal' itself and really modernize SMF.

On my gaming clan-site: www.Black-Chapter.com I have a wordpress front page layout with a link to a SP powered SMF, this is so I can PODcast with some other plugins available with WP, but considering doing alot of heavy custom coding again in SP

ccbtimewiz:
This sounds similar to what the folks over at Dream Portal are up to.

Stigmartyr:

--- Quote from: ccbtimewiz on November 22, 2010, 11:31:00 PM ---This sounds similar to what the folks over at Dream Portal are up to.

--- End quote ---

Well if they are, I don't see anything related to it on their site.  I mean I 'can' do it myself with HTML/BBC blocks but think it would be great for everyone to have without the advanced HTML skills.

radu81:
As you said, you con do it yourself in html, I don't think it's an option to integrate, then all portals will look similar
I dit it for my portal in html: sharkracingclub.it

Jack_O_Neill.DK:
Ye a Jquery content slider would be nice :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version