Social > Team Blogs

Status, Thanks and Apologies

(1/4) > >>

[SiNaN]:
Hello everyone,

3 months ago (now 4 months) we released the current latest version of SimplePortal, 2.3.4. It introduced a lot of long-awaited feature requests and fixed plenty of reported bugs from 2.3.3 version (unfortunately) while introducing a number of others. Despite going through a thorough testing by our Beta Testers and community, 2.3.4 ended up with a few unfortunate bugs.

The plan at the time was quickly coming up with another patch, strictly for fixing those bugs. Unfortunately my new hectic real life and, later, health problems I've been having for the past years which made me useless for long periods of time had me end up in 2 months inactivity. (now 3 months, because of health problems, again) (I have already started working on this patch, 2.3.5, and it should be ready soon)

During this long absence of mine, I proudly watched SimplePortal climb the top most popular mods list in simplemachines.org Mod Site. It has been in that list all that time and it still is, now at the 3rd position. Not only top 10 most popular mods, which only considers the past 7 days, but SimplePortal made it to the 3rd position at top 10 downloaded mods (ever) list, with a total of 108990 downloads (at the time of writing this). The latest version, 2.3.4, was downloaded over 3000 times at simplemachines.org Mod Site and over 6000 times from our downloads area.

So I wanted to give my thanks to the great SimplePortal community for their continued support. I know that the best way I can give my thanks would be to continuing developing this beautiful mod with less bugs and more features and I try my best at doing that. However, recent changes in my life, which I mentioned before, and things going a bit for worse, I was unable to. I apologize. Still, I'm alive (and grateful being so) and will try my best again and again, until I'm unable to do so.

tomeh:
You are doing a good job, the website is cool and fun like to grow.

I am grateful for it because it's really great work. It is now one of the best and may be the best.

I greet all supported the creators of SP and thank you for your work, you have to appreciate.

andy:
Health and real life first ... virtual and digital can wait. Its a great system, and one of the main reasons I chose Simple Portal was because it was well supported by the nice people here - you have a good team around you.
All the best.
Andy

Kryzen:
You're doing a great job [SiNaN] :) Get well soon and I agree with Igirisjin and Tomeh, Simple Portal is awesome and great :D

Glitch:
No apologies needed...

This mod is simply awesome!  A great piece of software which implements well with SMF.

Real life takes priority...especially one's health.  Relax and heal from whatever ailment...

All my best!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version