Social > Team Blogs

Update on 2.3.5

(1/4) > >>

[SiNaN]:
Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in the last blog post I posted, we have been working on a patch to fix the issues found in 2.3.4 version. As of this moment, I'm happy to announce that we're now in the testing phase; I've just posted SimplePortal 2.3.5 Beta 1 for Beta Testers to test it.

Although we wanted to keep it for the 2.3 line, with this version we had to drop support for SMF 2.0 Beta and RC versions. That means, SimplePortal 2.3.5 will only support SMF 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and all versions of SMF 1.0 and SMF 1.1 line. (including SMF 1.1.16)

I'm hoping that we can release this patch in the very near future and provide you with an even more stable portal modification. We have also been discussing and planning what we want to do with SimplePortal from this point onward. So you can look forward to some exciting news pretty soon.

sharks:

--- Quote from: [SiNaN] on March 10, 2012, 12:03:18 PM ---Although we wanted to keep it for the 2.3 line, with this version we had to drop support for SMF 2.0 Beta and RC versions. That means, SimplePortal 2.3.5 will only support SMF 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and all versions of SMF 1.0 and SMF 1.1 line. (including SMF 1.1.16)

--- End quote ---
I completely agree on this aspect of the development. It is risky for forum owners themselves, if they have not yet moved up from beta or RC versions of SMF. Enabling future SP versions for such unstable releases should be ceased to discourage people from sticking to unreliable SMF versions prior to 2.0 final as well as allowing improved and better code stability.

Now, on to the fun part. Here buggy, buggy, buggy! :D

[SiNaN]:

--- Quote from: sharks on March 10, 2012, 04:29:02 PM ---I completely agree on this aspect of the development. It is risky for forum owners themselves, if they have not yet moved up from beta or RC versions of SMF. Enabling future SP versions for such unstable releases should be ceased to discourage people from sticking to unreliable SMF versions prior to 2.0 final as well as allowing improved and better code stability.

--- End quote ---

We don't really want to force people to upgrade their forums but in this case it was inevitable. However, yeah, they really need to upgrade their forums, to take advantage of the improvements and fixes, especially those affecting security.

tomeh:
Congratulations, this is good news and I can not wait to see the bottom of all of us.

andy:
Will be busy this week with tax return and long weekend but after Wednesday next week I have time to tr it ... unless curiosity gets the better of me and you think its safe to run it on the site live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version