SimplePortal > News and Announcements

Introducing Language Editor

(1/4) > >>

[SiNaN]:
Ever since the release of SimplePortal 2.0, which marked the beginning of the fully-fledged portal system that powers hundreds of SMF installations, SimplePortal Team has been giving great importance to localization of SimplePortal.

Today, the SimplePortal Team is happy to announce the language editor for SimplePortal translations, to make the translation process faster, easier and more efficient.

Coded exclusively for this site, SimpleLanguageEditor makes it extremely easy to translate SimplePortal into your language, with the clear interface it provides and ingenious handling of both UTF-8 and non-UTF-8 charsets. Translating SimplePortal has never been so easy!

If you are interested in helping to translate SimplePortal into another language, please send a personal message to Dr. Deejay.

We hope you enjoy using the new translation tool and the translations made using it!

Thanks,
-The SimplePortal Team

Kryzen:
IT'S ALIVE!!! :D :D Good news :)

sharks:
This is awesome news!

There's just one thing that you got wrong:

--- Quote from: [SiNaN] on March 26, 2012, 05:40:35 AM ---Ever since the release of SimplePortal 2.0, which marked the beginning of the fully-fledged portal system that powers hundreds of SMF installations

--- End quote ---
It's actually several thousands of SMF installations! :D

SimpleLanguageEditor A.K.A. SLE is a great way to promote the adoption of SP beyond the language barrier. I'm sure many webmasters have been waiting for this day since forever.

Cheers!

andy:
Its been working fine for me so far... nice bit of work producing that.

I dont really want to suggest more work for you as it is great and you do too much.

One thing I thought was that if similar or the same word translation occurs that it would be nice to have already translated strings popup or 'suggested similar translations' for quick copying. Several times I had to get the same word translation copied and input when it had previously been done or was already in there from a previous persons entry.
Its time consuming for me typing each one if I have to keep switch the keyboard between languages- much faster copying a translated item.

Also, sometimes there are a variety of tranlations and maybe best to see whats already in there rather than introduce different tranlslations.
In Japanese there are no translations for some things like 'shoutbox'. I was going to use katakana  but someone had already used a different translation so I stuck with that for uniformity.
Moderator is also a difficult one as Japanese often has completely different words for noun and verb. Its impossible to make it like English - moderate, moderator. Ive seen that even Japanese people have avoided translating this on SMF ...

I will do what I can tonight on the Japanese 2.3.5 and leave it at that - cant do 100% properly. Even SMF Japanese translation has lots missing. It will be close to 99%. Will upload later... one Ive been using looks fine so far.

BTW - off topic
I left a message over on smf about the ssi scripts. They give away the date of birth of people on the site (birthday and age). Even on SP I can get this information as the file permissions allow it .

http://simpleportal.net/SSI.php?ssi_function=todaysBirthdays

I think the other files have been deleted on this site...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=472120.0

Just last week - coincidence - I couldnt remember online mail account password at yahoo japan and guess what the first page question was for password reset- DOB.

tomeh:
The idea is very good, it's good that you have entered

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version