collapse

* Simple Portal Archived Forum

This is an Archive Forum.

The content in this forum may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links in forum pages to other sites may not work.
This forum contains archives for future reference.

Visit our thread at Simple Machines Forum for current support.

SMF 2.1 users: EhPortal is a ported version of Simple Portal specifically designed for the SMF 2.1 branch.
Please visit web-develop.ca to download EhPortal and for its support.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 355
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Shoutbox is not for support!
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: Yup, Still adore SP
    April 21, 2019, 07:08:06 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: STILL love SP :)
    November 24, 2018, 05:05:50 AM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: <3 aegersz
    September 13, 2018, 03:36:09 PM
  • aegersz: I STILL <3 LOVE SimplePortal
    September 13, 2018, 07:11:39 AM
  • aegersz: o LOVE you guys - Simple Portal rocks !
    May 09, 2018, 05:18:59 AM
  • Chen Zhen: our apologies for the site being down.. please read server issues topic
    March 22, 2018, 05:32:38 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: LOL PLEASE forget I just posted that. I found the answer in my own dang post back in 2015. lol sorry!
    July 04, 2017, 10:47:55 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: I know this SB isnt' for support, but I just have a general question. Who would I contact to find out where SP stores its block info? Is it DB driven or files? I searched the site but came up with nothing. probably my fault any insight is appreciated.
    July 04, 2017, 10:43:36 PM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: Excuse me but what does Simpleportal have to deal with that?
    February 05, 2017, 08:21:14 PM
  • WhiteEagle: of course IMHO that site appears to be dead :(
    February 04, 2017, 01:08:05 PM
  • WhiteEagle: If I can get that, then I'll use it for that site...
    February 04, 2017, 01:07:35 PM
  • WhiteEagle: decided to not use SMF for any projects, unless I can get a copy of the premium version of the fanfiction archive plugin
    February 04, 2017, 01:06:54 PM
  • expertdecisions: cloudflare
    January 28, 2017, 08:01:47 AM
  • aegersz: SM release 2.0.13 !
    January 12, 2017, 06:00:13 AM
  • raffo: Tks Emanuele, even if I didn't understand the fix :D
    November 07, 2016, 02:01:20 AM
  • emanuele: [link]
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:50 PM
  • emanuele: raffo: the English support board is a good place. ;)
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
  • raffo: Where can I find the fix for the shoutbox?
    November 01, 2016, 05:06:09 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: To the SP team, I make a point to come here and thank you as much as possible for your work.  so again, THANK YOU!
    October 28, 2016, 10:38:05 AM
  • emanuele: That's indeed funny, the limit is present only in the patch and not the full install.
    October 22, 2016, 06:14:58 PM

* Recent Posts

Adding Forums Button to Nav bar by jirapon
[August 01, 2019, 09:07:12 AM]

Re: Board Icons by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 04:03:41 PM]

MOVED: Czech translation???? by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 03:04:51 PM]

Board Icons by jirapon
[July 30, 2019, 07:28:44 AM]

Re: Thankyou Simpleportal, by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 29, 2019, 09:41:29 AM]

Blocks speak! Do you have an interest in getting more blocks - or even making your own? The Blocks Board is for you!

Author Topic: Uninstalled old version and site is gone  (Read 16133 times)

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
  • SMF Version: 1.1.12
  • SP Version: 2.3.3
Uninstalled old version and site is gone
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:54:11 AM »
Hallo, i really hope you can help me.
As suggested to install the new version of Simple Portal i uninstalled the old version but now my site is gone. This message is what i get

Warning: require_once(/home/theso26/public_html/Forum/Sources/PortalMain.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/theso26/public_html/index.php on line 63

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/theso26/public_html/Forum/Sources/PortalMain.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/theso26/public_html/index.php on line 63

I have no idea what it means and what to do, so can someone please help me get things right or remove Simple portal properly so i get my forum back. I know i'm a dummy in this and English is not my native language so if you can keep it as simple as possible i'd appreciate it.

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
  • SMF Version: 2.1
  • EhPortal Version: 1.22
Re: Uninstalled old version and site is gone
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 09:17:36 AM »
Jopie,

This means during the uninstallation process there were parsing errors that you ignored. Code was left over from the older installation in your main index.php file that has to be manually removed via FTP.

Look at this link: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse

The first file being edited is the file you are having issues with. What I linked above is for installation so what you need to do is work through the edits to that file in reverse (look for the replace text and replace it with the find text). Most likely only a bit of the code was left over, perhaps just one edit but I cannot be sure because I did not see your errors during the uninstall process.

Looking at your error, I am guessing you need to make this edit.....

File: /index.php

find:
Code: [Select]
'findmember' => array('Subs-Auth.php', 'JSMembers'),
'forum' => array('BoardIndex.php', 'BoardIndex'),
'portal' => array('PortalMain.php', 'sportal_main'),

replace with:

For future reference, when you receive errors for installing or uninstalling modifications you must manually parse the flagged files/edits.
references for install/uninstall errors:
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_do_I_use_FTP

FTP will also allow you to edit files which is what you need to do. Your control panel (ie. Cpanel) that your host provides for you may also provide a file editor if you do not already use a 3rd party FTP client (ie. Filezilla or WinCP).

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »
Thank you so much for replying.
There where no error messages during the uninstall i saw, it went very quickly. I'm sure i did something wrong somewhere thou.

I'll go change the file you mention and let you know what happends

Kind regards

EDIT: your link gave this error "Sorry, but the modification could not be parsed"
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:00:36 AM by Jopie »

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:16:09 AM »
Jopie,

your link gave this error "Sorry, but the modification could not be parsed"

Go to this link: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1104

Where it says Manual Install Instructions for SMF 2.0.4 click on parse

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 10:40:39 AM »
Thank you for the new link.

My SMF version is SMF 1.1.18 so instead i do this ...
Manual Install Instructions for SMF 1.1.18 click on parse

My /index.php in my forum dir only contains

not the other two lines

And the  /index.php file in my root dir (public HTML) says this is the file that has my Simple Portal within.
But since i unstalled Simple Portal shouldn't that be gone. Things went wrong before i could install the new version.

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 11:20:20 AM »
Jopie,

Things went wrong when you uninstalled the old version as some of the code was not removed.
This is why I suggested looking at the manual parsing from simplemachines.org and to do the shown edits in reverse. What is displayed is for installing but since you uninstalled it those edit references would be in reverse. Most of those edits probably worked and it will only be a select few or possibly just one edit that was not done correctly. Due to the error you displayed, I am guessing it is the edit shown below.

For that smf version, find and remove this code from index.php...

'forum' => array('BoardIndex.php', 'BoardIndex'),
'portal' => array('PortalMain.php', 'sportal_main'),
'manageportal' => array('PortalAdminMain.php', 'sportal_admin_main'),
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:28:31 AM by Underdog »

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »
Underdog i did understand that you meant in reverse, but there was only this line.

Do i need to do the reverse thing next.
Can i just not remove all Simple Portal traces and have just my forum back?

If it is helpful i also can attach the php file.

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »
Underdog i did understand that you meant in reverse, but there was only this line.

Do i need to do the reverse thing next.
Can i just not remove all Simple Portal traces and have just my forum back?

If it is helpful i also can attach the php file.

Jopie,

Yes just remove all Simple Portal traces. I focused on that line due to the error you displayed showing the file PortalMain.php .. but yes look for any remaining edits and remove them. After which you should be able to install the new version. If there are errors during that install, you will need to parse them properly.
The reason for errors is most likely due to other mods performing edits in the same areas within files.

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »
Thanks again, i'm going to trace everything but so far the only thing that stoot out to me is that in my /public_html/  the index.php file it says this

<?php
/**********************************************************************************
* PortalStandalone.php                                                            *
***********************************************************************************
* SimplePortal                                                                    *
* SMF Modification Project Founded by [SiNaN] (sinan@simplemachines.org)          *
* =============================================================================== *
* Software Version:           SimplePortal 2.3                                    *
* Software by:                SimplePortal Team (http://www.simpleportal.net)     *
* Copyright 2008-2009 by:     SimplePortal Team (http://www.simpleportal.net)     *
* Support, News, Updates at:  http://www.simpleportal.net                         *
***********************************************************************************
* This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under   *
* the terms of the provided license as published by Simple Machines LLC.          *
*                                                                                 *
* This program is distributed in the hope that it is and will be useful, but      *
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES; without even any implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY    *
* or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.                                            *
*                                                                                 *
* See the "license.txt" file for details of the Simple Machines license.          *
* The latest version can always be found at http://www.simplemachines.org.        *
**********************************************************************************/

/*

This file here, unbelievably, has your portal within.

In order to use SimplePortal in standalone mode:
+ Go to "SPortal Admin" >> "Configuration" >> "General Settings"
+ Select "Standalone" mode as "Portal Mode"
+ Set "Standalone URL" as the full url of this file.
+ Edit path to the forum ($forum_dir) in this file.

See? It's just magic!

*/

global $sp_standalone;

// Should be the full path!
$forum_dir dirname(__FILE__) . '/Forum';

// Let them know the mode.
$sp_standalone true;

// Hmm, wrong forum dir?
if (!file_exists($forum_dir '/index.php'))
die('Wrong $forum_dir value. Please make sure that the $forum_value variable points to your forum\'s directory.');

// Get out the forum's SMF version number.
$data substr(file_get_contents($forum_dir '/index.php'), 04096);
if (
preg_match('~\*\s*Software\s+Version:\s+(SMF\s+.+?)[\s]{2}~i'$data$match) != 0)
$forum_version $match[1];

// Call the SSI magic.
require_once($forum_dir '/SSI.php');

// Wireless? We don't support you, yet.
if (WIRELESS)
redirectexit();

// Get our main file.
require_once($sourcedir '/PortalMain.php');

// Re-initialize SP.
sportal_init(true);

// Get the page ready.
sportal_main();

// Here we go!
obExit(true);

?>

Shouldn't this be nót about a portal but just the forum, sorry for the bad explaining, but i hope you still understand what i'm trying to point out.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:45:02 AM by Jopie »

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 05:53:03 AM »
Jopie,

Please use bbc code tags to post any code.

That is the contents of the PortalStandalone.php and is not the contents of your index.php file. If that is what is truly in your index.php file then imo you must have made an error at some point to replace that index.php files contents.

Perhaps download the smf 1 package again, replace your index.php file with the original default. Then when your forum is able to run again, uninstall all mods and ignore any error messages at that time regarding edits to index.php because it is the default & does not contain any edits from those mods.
  After which you can reinstall all your mods again (might as well make sure they are all up to date during this process).
  Perhaps use this opportunity (after uninstalling all mods) to use the large upgrade package for SMF 2.0.4 and update your forum altogether. This is up to you but imo might as well. Make absolutely sure you use the large upgrade package and not the full install if you go this route because you want to keep your old database posts, files, etc.

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 06:54:34 AM »
Apologies for the posting it without the tags, it's corrected now.

I don't what is happening but it sure is driving me a little nuts and i'm very greatful for your help.
I came across a post where was talked about putting back the backup package of the portal and i thought that might get things back in a way things where fixable.

I like your idea of downloading the smf package, do i just replace the index.php file in the /public_html/ dir not the /public_html/forum dir

It looks like all mistakes i made over the years now hit me over the head all at once  ;)

EDIT to add:
I had started with putting all backup files of my previous Simpleportal version back so i finished those first. And the portal is back up looking like all is well again. But it's not. All there seem to be is the portal. No link to - Admin - Forum or so is working, all that is there to see is the portal.

I hope i did not make things worse.
Can i still put the SMF index.php file in /public_html/

Thank you for your help and patience.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:28:16 AM by Jopie »

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »
Jopie,

It is not showing anything from your forum because you somehow overwrote your original index.php file.   If you intend to keep using the SMF 1.1.16 forum package then download the latest SMF 1.1.16 Full Upgrade Package. Unzip its files onto your computer and use FTP to copy all of the contents to your public_html directory. Replace all files when it prompts to do so. Afterward, run upgrade.php and then when the forum is back to default you can intall all mods, smily packs, etc. anew.

Alternately you can use the SMF 2.0.4 upgrade package to actually update to the newest SMF version using the same process. Although you will have to delete the SMF 1 mods and search for their SMF 2 equivalents (if necessary/opted).

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 04:34:19 PM by Underdog »

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
Underdog, i first tried the SMF 1.1.16 Full Upgrade Package but that gave me an error message about MySQL. Then i gave SMF 2.0.4. large Upgrade a try and that went well. No error messages so i thought we were done. But My forum is in the directory /public_html/Forum and my index.php in the /public_html directory still is the portal index.php I've tried to copy the index.php from the /public_html/Forum and put it in the /public_html dir but that didn't work either so i put the portal one back.

When i go to my site i get this error message
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function sportal_init() in /home/theso26/public_html/index.php on line 66"

How and where can i find the proper index.php file that goes in the /public_html dir

Thanks again for all your help

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 03:08:19 PM »
Jopie,

Is your usual setup to have your forum in the path: public_html/forum? If so, what is normally in public_html? (ie. wordpress?) .. or if you normally put your forum in just public_html then I will ask why your created a forum folder?

At the moment if you put all the smf files in public_html/forum then you can boot up your site with the url:
http://YOUR_SITE/forum
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:11:03 PM by Underdog »

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 05:22:41 AM »
Underdog, yes my forumpath is public_html/forum. Our site started up a site that was made with a program called Webdesign from Easy Computing. I never was a webdesigner or knew htlm or such my friends and i just wanted a place where we could upload our Sims creations so people could download them for their game. So the public_html folder allready had folders in it and so i followed the suggestions i found in the SMF installation documentation.

When i boot up my site thesorceressandcompany/Forum my siteforum does appear after i login. But after i login there is no admin or anything, see screenshot...

Officially this is now a SMF problem i guess, so i want you to know how much i appreciate your help  :)

Offline andy

• On Leave
    • Outdoor Club Japan (OCJ) アウトドア・クラブ・ジャパン
  • SMF Version: 2.0.15
  • SP Version: 2.3.7
  • Elkarte Version: None
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 06:07:39 AM »
Im not sure what you have done, or mods you have used, but now I see this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sportal_init() in /home/theso26/public_html/index.php on line 66

It seems you are still using old files which incomplete code - partly installed and partly uninstalled.

My way, as Underdog has mentions is to delete everything.... except avatar folders and attachments, and settings.php.

You will need to delete your old theme folder/files as they may have been changed.

Use the large upgrade package from smf site and upload all the new files. Run the upgrade.
You might have to run the repair settings.php file - also in the download section of smf. That will reset your theme to curve - default.
Then install simple portal using the package manager.
After that start installing other mods again.
Everyone is a volunteer here so please try and make a small donation to keep the Simple Portal website running

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 07:39:23 AM »
Thank you so much for helping Igirisjin much appreciated.

The Fatal error you mention is the one i see when i go to thesorceressandcompany.com
I can only see the forum part when i go to thesorceressandcompany.com/Forum and than the adress line has changed to this thesorceressandcompany.com/Forum/index.php?wwwRedirect

Forgive me for asking stupid questions but if i delete everything in the forum folder doesn't that mean that everything is gone all posts i mean?

Plus doesn't it still leaves the index.php file in /public_html the same, i can't remember how i managed that when i started the forum. I'm so sorry for bothering you guys due to my stupidity.

Offline andy

• On Leave
    • Outdoor Club Japan (OCJ) アウトドア・クラブ・ジャパン
  • SMF Version: 2.0.15
  • SP Version: 2.3.7
  • Elkarte Version: None
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 09:18:52 AM »
Not sure what you have done... It looks ok from the forum link but not the domain.

Maybe you have not made the correct settings - Im not sure. Maybe you have some server redirection used.

Do you want to see the forum from here?:
thesorceressandcompany.com

Or is this ok?:
thesorceressandcompany.com/Forum

Anyway, all the data is in the database so you will not lose any posts  if you delete everything. Most important is the settings.php - keep that (download it by ftp), delete the rest and put in all the new files from the large upgrade zip file. Put your settings.php back and then go to the url for the forum and and run the upgrade. Then the rest I posted before.

You need to explain if you are using some portal redirection or server redirection. Best to list the simple portal settings you are using. If you set up correctly you should see 'home' and 'forum' buttons.
Everyone is a volunteer here so please try and make a small donation to keep the Simple Portal website running

Offline Chen Zhen

• The Underdog
  • Operations Manager
  • Kinesis
    • WebDev
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 03:19:42 PM »
Jopie,

Quote from: igirisjin
My way, as Underdog has mentions is to delete everything.... except avatar folders and attachments, and settings.php.

All your posts are in your database but file attachments and avatars are not. As igirisjin previously stated (quote above)  make sure to  backup those folders containing those files or just do not delete them. With all the messing around imo it would be best to backup your database using ie. phpmyadmin and also use FTP to copy your attachments & avatars folders (all contents in those) to your computer for safe keeping. Any other files in the SMF directory (public_html/Forum) should be ok to overwrite or delete as you can use the upgrade package to do that. If upgrading gives you a BLOB_TEXT mysql error as I think you previously mentioned, just inform us & we can help you with that.

Actually it looks like you were already successful with the upgrade package for SMF 2.0.4. Imo first rename your Forum folder to forum (lower case). You have the portal standalone file contents in index.php of your public_html folder, correct?

After renaming your Forum folder to forum. find the line containing the $forum_dir path setting & change it to your proper full path of the forum folder..
// Should be the full path!
$forum_dir = 'C:\public_html\forum';

It will most likely not be exactly like above so prior to changing that post what that line currently says so I can give you an exact edit for it. Alternately if you understand how it should be set after this post just change it so it gets directed to your /public_html/folder path. It might need forward slashes or backslashes, not sure atm (may depend on php.ini setting).. use trial & error.

Also first ensure SimplePortal is installed on your actual forum. You can access & do that via thesorceressandcompany.com/Forum/index.php
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:38:58 PM by Underdog »

Offline Jopie

• Semi Newbie
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 06:32:45 AM »
Thank you both for helping me!

Quote from: Underdog
Actually it looks like you were already successful with the upgrade package for SMF 2.0.4. Imo first rename your Forum folder to forum (lower case). You have the portal standalone file contents in index.php of your public_html folder, correct?

I think the upgrade was succesfull too, though old files of the 1.1.18 version might be there i don't know.
You are right about the portal standalone file contents being the index.php in the public_html folder. I'll go ahead with your suggestions and change the Forum folder name to forum and look for the line you mention, do i understand it right i should look in the index.php of my public_html folder, the portal one?

Since i was afraid i would delete the post etc. i didn't ask this, but i do have a reserve kopie of my forum in an other directory on the server, but it is from a long time ago, SMF version 1.1.12 and SP version 2.3.2. Would all the post still be there if i would copiëd those forum files except the attachments, avatars folders and the settings.php to the Forum folder, or would that only make a bigger mess?