SimplePortal > Site Discussion

Why no Beta-Releases?

(1/1)

Divecall:
Hello Team!

On April, 27th 2010 was a "SP 2.4 Develpoment update" (http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=5333.msg32220#msg32220).

I`m wondering, why it is not possible that UNTIL NOW the users of SP have no Beta-Version for to download....

[SiNaN]:
It's unfortunate, isn't it? 2.4 version has been planned for (literally) years but it's not very possible without available developers.

However, in the mean time we have released 2.3.4 and 2.3.5 versions and they include all the features that were planned for 2.4 version except for forum independent articles. (ie. complex display options, updated permission system, header and footer sides, updated blog and articles blocks)

A few weeks ago I have actually started coding the forum independent articles module and I'm halfway through completing it. As usual no promises on the release date but this time it's going to happen for sure.

Again, thank you for your continued support and understanding. As I mentioned many times before, this community deserves better but sometimes it is just not possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version