SimplePortal > Site Discussion

Post approval is a real turn-off

(1/3) > >>

Leppie:
I started a thread because I have some issues with my SimplePortal installation on my SMF forum.
Now, I understand that staff cannot be present all the time. However, having to wait a day for a post to be approved combined with the fact that this site is not visited often by the regulars either is a major turn-off for me.

Obviously preventing spam in the support section has a much higher priority than getting an answer out to those who are seeking assistance.

Old Fossil:
Considering we are all volunteers with Real Lives outside the internet do you really expect people to jump every time a person posts a new topic?

I usually pop in on a daily basis and try and help where I can.Ooh there is also that annoying substance which is known as a Timezone. Have you considered that too?

Burke Knight:
Which board did you post in that was approval needed?

Leppie:

--- Quote from: Old Fossil on August 22, 2013, 06:54:27 PM ---Considering we are all volunteers with Real Lives outside the internet do you really expect people to jump every time a person posts a new topic?
--- End quote ---
Did I say any such thing anywhere? You may want to re-read the post...

--- Quote from: Old Fossil on August 22, 2013, 06:54:27 PM ---Ooh there is also that annoying substance which is known as a Timezone. Have you considered that too?
--- End quote ---
Oh well, gosh. I suppose that the timestamp on the post doesn't say anything about timezones...

--- Quote ---« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:56:35 AM »
--- End quote ---
Or do you believe you're the only one who can read the clock?

Leppie:

--- Quote from: BurkeKnight on August 22, 2013, 07:57:35 PM ---Which board did you post in that was approval needed?

--- End quote ---
In the "Install and Upgrade" board. It's a reply to what you and [SiNaN] posted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version