Support > English Support

Getting Simple Portal to pass Googles modile friendly test

<< < (2/5) > >>

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:

--- Quote from: andy on April 29, 2015, 12:50:34 PM ---Without changing the default width Simple Portal fails the Google mobile friendly test.
I tired changing this a bit and found a value of 650px would show the center block enough and pass the  mobile friendly test.

--- End quote ---
So much thank you for that, my site is not mobile friendly, and evading those google trash tests is my goal ;)

andy:
That works well...

--- Quote ---@media only screen and (max-width: 750px), only screen and (min-resolution: 300dpi) {

#sp_main #sp_left, #sp_main #sp_center, #sp_main #sp_right {
      display: block;
      width: auto !important;
      padding: 0;
   }
}
--- End quote ---

And I was just about to try and find advertisers to help pay site maintenance and costs. Would be more blocks. THey wouldnt like being in the right column probably.

andy:
Getting different results with the mobile friendly test.

Sometimes fails and sometimes passes.  Anyway, it looks better with the code change and the last test it passed. Wondering it is loaded in the browser and affected by login or not. Results were not uniform.

empire:
So what's the right code to add? I changed mine months back for mobile devices I just used

--- Code: ---min-width: device-width;
--- End code ---
and when reviewing on phone I only see centre blocks. There are many other things that I want to say that's regarding this topic is the slideshow block on the forum, if you check my site you see the header and footer the width as same and the main boards with gallery slideshow block has a bigger different width.

And if you check out the portal on same sites it needs more spacing between the blocks where it has half of a half space where it needs about 2inch or so apart of the blocks

This is what I have not used that fix the padding

--- Code: ---}
@media (max-width: 991px)
{
#admin_content .table > thead > tr > th:nth-child(2), #admin_content .table > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(2),
#admin_content .table > thead > tr > th:nth-child(4), #admin_content .table > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(4),
#admin_content .table > thead > tr > th:nth-child(5), #admin_content .table > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(5)
{
display: none;
}
#admin_content .table > thead > tr > th:last-child, #admin_content .table > tbody > tr > td:last-child
{
display: table-cell !important;
text-align: right !important;
}
}
#sp_center
{
     padding: 0 5px;

}
@media (max-width: 991px)
{
        #sp_left, #sp_right
{
        display: none;
}
}
--- End code ---

andy:
This works:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=13934.msg69009#msg69009

I cannot say about other minor stuff like padding or slideshow. I hope Simple Portal will update soon to something that is more mobile friendly. When I dont know but the code change does work for general case.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version