Support > Install and Upgrade

Not logged in on Front page?

(1/4) > >>

khigh:
Hi all,

I got some help on here before about setting up as a standalone where SP was on the base URL and SMF was on /forum. I got that working great on a "minor" forum I was doing mostly for practice.

Now I'm putting together my "main" forum - relocating a years-old community in the four figures of members and I set it up the same way and it's mostly working.

EXCEPT

When I'm on "forum", I'm logged in, but when I'm on the SP "home" page, I'm "guest".

Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks for looking.

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Hi khigh,

Could you please provide a link to your site and a screenshot of the issue? I can't really understand "where" you show as offline, in menus or in general. It matters because the answer changes accordingly.

Regards

khigh:
Thank you for the quick response.

If you need me to PM you the URL, I can, but it's not really "live" nor "public", so not the kind of thing I'd post.

Here's the view when I'm on straight SMF. the "Forum" button. I'm logged in - you can see I have Admin and Moderate

When I click "Home" on the same page and go to the Simple Portal Home page, it displays my user info as guest. the little asterisk and number are Lastpass offering to log me in as one of three different identities, if you're not familar. That's not a factor, though, because the same behavior is present on non-lastpass browsers, and my "working" forum works with it.

If I click "Forum" again, I return to SMF and I'm logged in. If I log in on the SP page, go to Forum, and return to SP, I'm Guest again.

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Thanks.

Just to exclude any cookie-related issue... Could you please rename the cookies from here? action=admin;area=serversettings;sa=cookie; See if it changes anything other than probably having to relog.

Regards

khigh:
Hi and thanks.

I type that somewhere? Edit it into a file?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version