Support > Install and Upgrade

wrecked my forum installing 2.3.6 upgrade

(1/4) > >>

Phåråoh:
Every install I've done with SP has gone smooth as silk... until now.

Totally my fault.  I went to uninstall 2.3.5, saw the "failure" files, but ignored as this has never been a problem before.  BIG mistake.

Worse, I don't have a backup to use.  My server changed from auto backups to having to select them and I never knew it, until now.  Too late.

I'm sure not all the files were removed and now there are conflicts.
When I try to open my website, I get these errors:

Warning: require_once(/home/classig8/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Portal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/classig8/public_html/forum/index.php on line 58

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/classig8/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Portal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/classig8/public_html/forum/index.php on line 58

My forum is off line and it's a very busy one. 

I need to manually reinstall 2.3.5
I have the package.

Need guidance on how to do it, or what to do to fix it.

Thanks!

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Hi Phåråoh,

Yes unfortunately uninstalling with errors can cause a LOT of issues and it's never recommended unless you know perfectly well what you are doing. There are multiple ways to proceed, but for now I'll just ask you which mods you have installed (you can still see them on the server in the Packages folder).
I can later on proceed in either guiding you to re-install everything or (harder) try to fix stuff until it's fully fixed, especially index.php that is surely broken, while you provide the mods list also attach index.php so that I'll remove some old SP code.
P.S.: manually re-installing 2.3.5 would take days.

Regards

Phåråoh:
Question:  I had thought that if I ran the  SP install.php file from the unzipped package that would put all the original files back and overwrite code in the necessary files.  Would that be an option or no?

Mods: see attached images

Your help is greatly appreciated. Once this is fixed, first thing I'm going to do is set up the server backups.  That would have made it really easy.  But then again, when I break things, I only break them in a big way.

ccbtimewiz:
The quickest way to restore your forum would to be completely re-install SMF. This will remove any errors and your forum will function again.

After doing that you could reinstall mods one-by-one, as their content is stored through SQL and you won't lose any data. You will however lose any custom edits you made yourself...

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:

--- Quote from: Phåråoh on October 03, 2015, 11:31:29 PM ---Question:  I had thought that if I ran the  SP install.php file from the unzipped package that would put all the original files back and overwrite code in the necessary files.  Would that be an option or no?
--- End quote ---
What are my eyes reading? That's a biiiiiig no. ;)

Still missing index.php. Besides you could consider to re-install SMF, import the existing database and then re-install those mods, they aren't that many, it shouldn't take a lot to do that (remember to install themes first).
Remember you will lose any custom file edits this way.

EDIT: ninja'd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version