Development > Bugs

Possible bug with member group permissions and SP blocks

(1/6) > >>

andy:
Found this by accident today. Maybe its not worth changing but I will mention it.

During testing changes for member groups I set block permissions for the new group (ID=26). I deleted the new group after some problems with the group permission profile and then created a new group again, with the same name.
It had the same ID number.
SP blocks still had the same permission settings for the old group which I had just deleted. Really I think it should have cleared them if the group was deleted.
Lucky for me though as I didn’t need to set them all again.

Andy

Burke Knight:
1. This would appear to be a SMF bug, if it was assigned the same ID, as every time I used to delete a group, then make new, it would use a new ID number.
2. You are correct, though, that if group is deleted, SP should also delete the settings for that group ID.

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
I second Burke on this one, he is totally right on both of those.

andy:
I had assumed SMF would use the next ID for a new group. I need to test again to see if that is true.
Even if it uses the same ID after one is deleted is hard to call that a bug (on the SMF side).

As I set newly registered members to be put in a specific group Im certain about the deleted group number (ID 26). I expected the new group to have an incremented ID number. It is not actually necessary like a topic as when a group is deleted it cannot be retrieved.
I havent confirmed if this happens with board IDs.

andy:
Bedtime here for me but I can confirm....

New boards  have incremented IDs

New groups do not!
Well, Im assuming the naming of it makes no difference. Just done it again and same ID number was used  after one deleted.

You could call it an SMF bug and a SP bug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version