SimplePortal > News and Announcements

Security Breach on Community Forums

<< < (2/4) > >>

JBlaze:
This just highlights the importance of not reusing the same password across applications :)

Jade Elizabeth:

--- Quote from: JBlaze on June 24, 2016, 07:25:47 PM ---This just highlights the importance of not reusing the same password across applications :)

--- End quote ---

I DIDN'T though. The password on my Twitter was half of the password here plus some extra characters at the start and end.

Like if I used ChUrumuStUhu6ut SP was using that and Twitter was using jblazeStUhu6ut2001 for example. Both different but still slightly similar.

--- Quote from: emanuele on June 24, 2016, 04:41:35 AM ---Say the truth: it was you that stolen your own identity and hacked SP!!! :P

--- End quote ---

Ha ha if you want this jerks IP I can send it on but I think it was spoofed.

ccbtimewiz:
This is pretty serious news, thanks for the heads up. I already went and changed a lot of my passwords just in case.

Though, why was Jade Elizabeth a High-Level user in the first place?

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
She wasn't, that is another hack happened on another site that compromised *exclusively* her account. This side hack (merely a coincidence) has nothing to deal with SimplePortal accounts other than hers ;)

As a reference, the site that was hacked and caused Jade's account to be compromised (although nobody other than her actually managed to log in), was this: http://www.twitt3d.com/ (and it's still hacked as of now).

ccbtimewiz:

--- Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on June 26, 2016, 06:23:29 PM ---She wasn't, that is another hack happened on another site that compromised *exclusively* her account. This side hack (merely a coincidence) has nothing to deal with SimplePortal accounts other than hers ;)

--- End quote ---

... that would mean her account here is a high level user?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version