SimplePortal > SimplePortal Feedback

Not getting any Notifications (via email) on Topic Posts

<< < (3/3)

Chen Zhen:
Months ago we had improper reverse DNS settings which put us on 2 email blacklists (those which I am aware of).
I contacted the appropriate parties to have us removed from those blacklists which were successful requests.
There could be more that we are on that I am unaware of due to the previous misconfigured settings.

andy:

--- Quote ---Create your gmail account, change your email address on this forum within profile settings & then do a p/w reset.
--- End quote ---

Thats the problem, you cannot change the email address without a password confirmation (which I cannot do). So I'm stuck until I get a password reset or someone with admin rights can set one for me in my profile and notify me.

I checked the hotmail block list again and could not find anything that included 'simple' or 'portal', looking through the list and using the browser search. One thing I have noticed recently is that I do not get site moderation notification emails. It could be due to my group though.
Anyway, I deleted all the spam block addresses - doesnt matter as I will not use the address much longer. Will give the password reset 1 more try.

andy:
The only reason I can log in is because my password is remembered by Firefox..... and as I type this I realize, if lucky it will dispay it for me in the options. I thought it would mask the passwords but it does display it  - looks like my case is solved but there might still be a problem with emails being blocked on some mail servers.

My new email is entered so I'm good.

aegersz:
Notifications are now working for me so i'm happy.

... but there is something going on so if you have the time to check the mail log then it may uncover something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version