Support > Install and Upgrade

upgrade 2.3.5 to 2.3.6, cannot uninstall 2.3.5 because it's not listed

(1/2) > >>

tempo0310:
Greetings,

forgive me if my problem was discussed before, I see tons of topics similar to mine, read alot of them but did not find a matching solution.
I run SMF 2.0.12. I downloaded 2.3.6, read the instructions and wanted to start with uninstalling 2.3.5 as required.
Main problem: In the packet manager, were there should be an "uninstall" option in the 2.3.5 line, it shows "install modification" instead.
Additionally SimplePortal is not listed under the "installed packages" option. There are also no referring entries for SimplePortal in the smf_log_packages table.
Out of curiosity I installed 2.3.6 (in the test installation), ignored all warnings and wrecked the whole installation as expected. Just stated for completeness.
I have to mention that I run a German installation and the menu entries (names) above might be imprecise. I hope it's understandable anyways.
I would like to know if there is any way to proceed without installing EVERYTHING from scratch in the right sequence. Also in that case I would not instantaneously know which tables to leave out when restoring the user data backup as I run complete database dumps only.

Thank you very much in advance for your attention

Tonio

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Welcome to SimplePortal.

This is actually an SMF question, as it has little to do with SimplePortal directly, but still... http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=fix_packages.php that can be found on smf tools page (http://download.simplemachines.org/?tools) which will allow you to manually mark SP 2.3.5 as installed and save.
You should then be able to uninstall it regularly and install the updated version.
This can be applied to every other mod (assuming they are installed and not showing as such).

Regards

tempo0310:
Thanks for the quick reply Ninja,

unfortunately that one won't list SP 2.3.5 either. I'll try my luck with the SMF support.

Cheers

Tonio

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Hmm, I'd delete the package from the list and re-upload it to see if it pops back up.

emanuele:

--- Quote from: tempo0310 on October 30, 2016, 03:13:02 PM ---I would like to know if there is any way to proceed without installing EVERYTHING from scratch in the right sequence.

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, starting from a broken installation the only way is quite a bit of manual work: you have to identify all the changes made by both 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 and revert them (manually, did I already mention? :P).
At that point you'll have an SMF without SP installed and you can upload the 2.3.6 package through the package manager and do the installation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version