Customization > Custom Coding

Isolate the shoutbox from the rest of the portal?

(1/1)

someguy91:
Heyo,

First of all, Thank you for making SP a thing, devs! I like it a lot, mainly for the shoutbox that It provides.

I just want to know if there is a way to isolate the shoutbox from the rest of the portal, as I don't use any other feature of it like blocks, articles or pages...
After trying it myself and crashing my forum and database I concluded that I'm too rookie to do it so I came here searching if someone had already done it.

What I had in mind is something in the lines of the SMFhacks Shoutbox. It works great and is simple, but imo it looks ugly af compared to the SP one :whistle:

(also will there be a build for the 2.1 beta3 / rc? Chen Zhen's ehportal shoutbox doesn't save shouts in my database and I don't know why haha)

Kind regards, 91

Chen Zhen:
Hello,

Welcome to Simple Portal and thank you for the positive comments.

You have the option of putting Simple Portal in "Integration" mode.
Delete all the default blocks, create one shoutbox or multiple shoutboxes and adjust where they will be viewed.

Regards.

someguy91:
Aaaa this looks just like I wanted it to! :thumbsup:Thanks for the quick reply!

Also is there an issue with the EhPortal shoutbox or is it just for me? If I insert shouts in the database they show up in shoutbox, however, if I try to send the shouts to the database with the shoutbox's input, nothing happens.

Thanks and kind regards, 91

Chen Zhen:

EhPortal support is on my forum.
As of late I have been devoting my coding time to the Arcade therefore EhPortal will have to wait.
I am changing the shoutbox to a jQuery refreshed PHP script that uses a file instead of the database.
This was already in the works some time ago but it got scrapped in error & I need to develop it anew.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version