Support > English Support

Shout Box will not post

(1/2) > >>

Oldcrow:
Running SMF 2.0.15

Simple Portal 2.3.6

Forum: http://seniorsworldwide.net/index.php?action=forum

I am trying to install a shout box, I installed SMFPacks Shoutbox    1.1, set it up. Then I went to SP made a Shout Box block, set that up.

The Shout Box shows but when you type a message in, it will not post.. If you open The Open Popup, and type in a message and hit send, away it goes.

There is an edit for SMF Packs Shoutbox, I look and I am up to date with that..

Any ideas as to what is going on..

Thanks

Ron..

andy:
This is a bit of a 'quick reply' as I haven't checked details and going from memory.

I think the Simple Portal shoutbox block is only for the Simple Portal shoutbox.
Maybe there is code to use in a custom block that will call that shoutbox but that would be in a php or custom html block.

My memory of  SMFPacks Shoutbox is that you insert it somewhere in your page... but it was a long time ago when I last used it. I'm happy with the Simple Portal shoutbox as it works fine now. You could try calling SMFPacks Shoutbox in a custom block and see if it works.

Oldcrow:

--- Quote from: andy on June 22, 2018, 05:16:13 AM ---This is a bit of a 'quick reply' as I haven't checked details and going from memory.

I think the Simple Portal shoutbox block is only for the Simple Portal shoutbox.
Maybe there is code to use in a custom block that will call that shoutbox but that would be in a php or custom html block.

My memory of  SMFPacks Shoutbox is that you insert it somewhere in your page... but it was a long time ago when I last used it. I'm happy with the Simple Portal shoutbox as it works fine now. You could try calling SMFPacks Shoutbox in a custom block and see if it works.

--- End quote ---

Before I posted this, I tried both ways.. SP after I make a Shout box tells me it can not find any shout box..

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
What's your host?

Oldcrow:

--- Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on June 22, 2018, 08:56:20 AM ---What's your host?

--- End quote ---

iFastnet out of the UK use to be called bythost.

Is there a code to use when I make a block for the arcade, I just tried again and get the same message can't find..

Also I have now removed the SMF Hacks shout box, its gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version