Development > Feature Requests

Bring Shoutbox "html" BBCode handling in line with SMF

(1/2) > >>

aegersz:
Hi, I i like to use the html BBCode facilty in Shoutbox but I noticed that it doesn't turn off for non-Admins despite disabling it in SMF.

This is a potentially dangerous situation as anybody could introduce malicious javascript so i would like SP to honor the SMF setting and strip off the <html></html> markup.

is that too big a task ?

I guess it could be a mod and maybe i can write it too ... just floating the idea to see if you agree with me.

It may also be an option for the SP - Extra Shoutbox Permissions/Options mod but the selection but SMF already supports this flag selection via Admin > Post and Topics > Bulletin Board Code > Enable basic HTML in posts checkbox

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
I guess it's an oversight but you can probably fix it with this: https://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=11714.0

aegersz:
i have version 1.70 of that mod and i can't see it in Permissions or the SP Config.

where can i find it and I politely ask why didn't you interrogate and conform to SMF's settings (as it is more logical to do so) ?

no matter ... i must be missing something or is this unique to Version 1.71 ?

thanks again, sorry to bother.

♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦:
Should be the regex filter itself, and filter <html> tags by stripping the <>. Haven't used it in ages so I'd have to test it :P

As for

--- Quote from: aegersz on October 14, 2018, 11:48:41 PM ---where can i find it and I politely ask why didn't you interrogate and conform to SMF's settings (as it is more logical to do so) ?

--- End quote ---
Like I said probably an oversight... But I'm not a dev so there's that ;D

aegersz:
of course, you did mention that. tbh, regex filters look daunting but i am about to deploy one that i found - it strips the HTML from a URL link and just leaves the link's string but doesn't accommodate spaces in the file name yet.

a work in progress.

i will try that filter or adapt it and delve deeper into Regular Expressions.

stay tuned :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version