Development > Feature Requests

Independent News and Article module

(1/1)

Immortal:
Lately i was thinking what way SimplePortal can or should develop. Now it's like few others scripts for SMF - portal extension and i think it should develop more into real CMS (of course for SMF but not only as portal extension).

First things that came to my mind, when i wonder - what do i miss/need in SP is:

1. Independent News module - not board news block, just news system with comments that not relay on SMF. With features that most CMS already have (text overlaying image, thumbnails etc).

2. Independent Article module - not relay on SMF Article mod (which isn't bad), with comments and all the features that any CMS up to date has.

I really belive that, this 2 things can make a difference (big one in my opinion), make SP better and like i said - going more into CMS is in my opinion right way.

I've already talked to few staff members about that (those who i actually could "catch" on IRC) and mostly responses were positive.

I know that this isn't happening for SP 2.2 because it's feature frozen, but maybe for version 2.3/2.4.

Robbo:
* Robbo agrees

Nathaniel:
Thank you for the suggestions Immortal. Any discussion related to new features for SimplePortal is most welcome. We will probably look at adding these sorts of features sometime in the future.

Remember, the SimplePortal team is continually working to improve SimplePortal, but we do rely on your suggestions and ideas for new features.

I would personally like to see the ability to add new pages/actions with BBC/PHP/Block/whatever content, as another CMS like feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version