collapse

* Simple Portal Archived Forum

This is an Archive Forum.

The content in this forum may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links in forum pages to other sites may not work.
This forum contains archives for future reference.

Visit our thread at Simple Machines Forum for current support.

SMF 2.1 users: EhPortal is a ported version of Simple Portal specifically designed for the SMF 2.1 branch.
Please visit web-develop.ca to download EhPortal and for its support.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 409
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Shoutbox is not for support!
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: Yup, Still adore SP
    April 21, 2019, 07:08:06 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: STILL love SP :)
    November 24, 2018, 05:05:50 AM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: <3 aegersz
    September 13, 2018, 03:36:09 PM
  • aegersz: I STILL <3 LOVE SimplePortal
    September 13, 2018, 07:11:39 AM
  • aegersz: o LOVE you guys - Simple Portal rocks !
    May 09, 2018, 05:18:59 AM
  • Chen Zhen: our apologies for the site being down.. please read server issues topic
    March 22, 2018, 05:32:38 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: LOL PLEASE forget I just posted that. I found the answer in my own dang post back in 2015. lol sorry!
    July 04, 2017, 10:47:55 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: I know this SB isnt' for support, but I just have a general question. Who would I contact to find out where SP stores its block info? Is it DB driven or files? I searched the site but came up with nothing. probably my fault any insight is appreciated.
    July 04, 2017, 10:43:36 PM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: Excuse me but what does Simpleportal have to deal with that?
    February 05, 2017, 08:21:14 PM
  • WhiteEagle: of course IMHO that site appears to be dead :(
    February 04, 2017, 01:08:05 PM
  • WhiteEagle: If I can get that, then I'll use it for that site...
    February 04, 2017, 01:07:35 PM
  • WhiteEagle: decided to not use SMF for any projects, unless I can get a copy of the premium version of the fanfiction archive plugin
    February 04, 2017, 01:06:54 PM
  • expertdecisions: cloudflare
    January 28, 2017, 08:01:47 AM
  • aegersz: SM release 2.0.13 !
    January 12, 2017, 06:00:13 AM
  • raffo: Tks Emanuele, even if I didn't understand the fix :D
    November 07, 2016, 02:01:20 AM
  • emanuele: [link]
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:50 PM
  • emanuele: raffo: the English support board is a good place. ;)
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
  • raffo: Where can I find the fix for the shoutbox?
    November 01, 2016, 05:06:09 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: To the SP team, I make a point to come here and thank you as much as possible for your work.  so again, THANK YOU!
    October 28, 2016, 10:38:05 AM
  • emanuele: That's indeed funny, the limit is present only in the patch and not the full install.
    October 22, 2016, 06:14:58 PM

* Recent Posts

Adding Forums Button to Nav bar by jirapon
[August 01, 2019, 09:07:12 AM]

Re: Board Icons by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 04:03:41 PM]

MOVED: Czech translation???? by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 03:04:51 PM]

Board Icons by jirapon
[July 30, 2019, 07:28:44 AM]

Re: Thankyou Simpleportal, by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 29, 2019, 09:41:29 AM]

Installation errors? Mod incompatibilities? Upgrade problems? Make your way over to the Install and Upgrade Support board for all your solutions!

Author Topic: 2 errors on RC1 One Visual & One Crazy  (Read 7181 times)

Offline tk2012

• Channel 4 Gaming
  • SMF Version: 2 RC4
  • SP Version: 2.3.3
2 errors on RC1 One Visual & One Crazy
« on: April 07, 2009, 12:02:00 PM »
Ok, I uninstalled the last release of SP for my RC1 forum (default) and upgraded to the most recent one that I just got an email informing me about.  Looks nice and all. 

With installing, I only had one error of a failed test which was the 1st edit of the Recent.php.  It conflicted with another mod, but was easily adjusted, so no problems really with the installation.

I've looked at things and haven't had any errors appear in my error log at all.

But, I'm getting two errors with the program performance.

I'm going to describe it in chronological order as if you were surfing to the site.  Keep in mind, I haven't changed anything from the default setup once installing the mod.

1- Upon arriving at the forum, the Avatars are not loading within the blocks that show possibly Most Recent Post.  Instead of the Avatars loading, the Member Name shows partly in the box and partly outside of the box. (I've attached the picture of the screen before signing into the forum with the areas in question circled.  I've also attached a shot of how it appears after you sign into the forum.)  If I sign out, the screen appears correctly with the avatars in place.

2- After signing into the forum, my page goes white and my Avatar is the only thing which appears on the screen in the upper left corner.  I have to page back and resign in or hit refresh in order for the portal page to load the entire way.

Like I said, I'm not getting any errors in the Error Log, but these are obvious things that I need to correct.

Is it because of me not doing the edit correctly for the Recent.php file?  I've attached the file just in case.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:21:49 AM by tk2012 »

Offline Dermot

• Semi Newbie
  • echo 'HeHe';
    • Irish-gaming
  • SMF Version: 2 RC3
  • SP Version: 2.3.2
Re: 2 errors on RC1 One Visual & One Crazy
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 04:24:41 PM »
looks like you have the option show avatar in articles but dont have an avatar
Smf 2.0 RC3Simple Portal 2.3.2Firefox 3.6IE 8.0 (well its sits i dont use it)

Offline tk2012

• Channel 4 Gaming
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »
Unless I don't understand your reply, that doesn't make any sense.  I have an avatar for both of those accounts or else you wouldn't see it AFTER I sign in as the 2nd picture shows... and that would mean that the 2nd error that I'm getting would just be a white screen because the Avatar is the only thing that appears on the screen when I sign in after going to the site.

Offline tk2012

• Channel 4 Gaming
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:25:45 PM »
As posted from another thread:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=1743.msg12951;topicseen#new

I have that same problem on my forum with the latest version of SP.  You can see the other issue in a post right here:

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=1923.msg12950;topicseen#new

BTW- I do not have prettier quotes installed and I am running this on RC1.  The only problem that I had was when I installed SP and the Recent.php file failed.  It was just a simple edit that needed to be done from what I saw and I completed that edit.

I can replicate this every time I turn off my computer and go back to the site.  The avatars in the Recent Post Blocks do not appear correctly for me and then when I log in, I am only shown my avatar in the upper left side of the forum with a white screen only and nothing else.  I have to refresh or page back and login again for it to return to the forum site correctly.  I have pictures of the Block problem attached to the other thread and I can get a screenshot of what this person is talking about as well if you want.

I included the Recent.php file on the other thread just in case.  BTW, I am using Firefox.

Once signed on with one name, I can logout and come back in without this problem or sign in w/ another name without this problem happening again.  I guess that would be the problem of the cache or the file in question?

I tried clearing my cache on the forum and that didn't help either.

I'll let you know what happens in IE7.

Offline tk2012

• Channel 4 Gaming
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:39:48 PM »
More Info:

Yikes.... IE7 is worse than Firefox.

Firefox showed the Avatars every place, but the Recent Posts Block.  In IE7, it doesn't show the avatars anywhere when signed off, but does when signed on.

Pictures of both before and after logging into the forum with IE7.

I'm going to reboot my computer to see if I can get a screen of the other error.

Offline tk2012

• Channel 4 Gaming
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 07:03:03 PM »
Ok here's the rundown per browser and action that is happening.  I apologize for the triple + posting, but I don't want to confuse myself.

My Firefox browser is set to clear the cache after being closed out.  I think this may have something to do with the problem, but not everything.

I power off my computer, waited 20 seconds, and powered it back on and opened up Firefox.  I went to my site and the Avatars are not shown inside the Recent Post Blocks, but appear everywhere else.  (As posted previously.)  I sign-in and my screen goes to this URL...

http://www.channel4gaming.com/c4g/index.php?PHPSESSID=912nbu4bgiked276npkjgvb2t0&action=dlattach;attach=1;type=avatar

It shows a white page with my avatar in the upper left side only; nothing else instead of being directed to the index.php page.  (I've attached image here for that.)

I have to page back an sign-in again and the page directs to the index.php site with the avatars showing correctly everywhere.

In contrast, my IE7 browser does not clear the cache after being closed out.  I powered off my computer, let it sit for 20 seconds, and powered it back on.  I went to my site with IE7 and all the avatars appear as normal because it still has me logged into the site.

Now, if I log out, all the avatars are replaced by the red "X" box showing that an image should be present.  When logged back in, the images are replaced with the actual avatars.

I never get the URL redirection with IE7 as I do with Firefox.

I never saw this problem with the last version of SP.  I only recognized this once I downloaded the newest version 2.2.

I hope all of this info helps.  I just don't know what to do in order to correct it.  But, I do know how to troubleshoot some!   ;)

Offline [SiNaN]

• Mr. SimplePortal
  • Developer
  • SMF Version: 2.0.15
  • SP Version: 2.3.7
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 04:07:14 AM »
We got a few more similar reports recently, but I'm unable to replicate this issue, neither other team members. I'd be glad to debug this issue if you can provide me admin details and FTP access to your forum, of course if you are willing to.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...

Offline tk2012

• Channel 4 Gaming
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 11:59:36 PM »
I'm traveling back and forth for the next couple days.  I can PM you the info tomorrow after I've had some time to get some things done.  I trust you [SiNaN].  Look for something from me in the next 24 hours.

Offline [SiNaN]

• Mr. SimplePortal
  • Developer
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 12:43:49 AM »
Okay. Thank you for cooperation.

Offline tk2012

• Channel 4 Gaming
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »
Sorry for the delay, [SiNaN].  Got into town late on Friday/early Saturday, was busy on Easter, and lost power here due to storms on Monday (and today).  Will PM you the info now.  Let me know if you have problems.  I made a Test Account on the forum that has Admin privileges and am sending over my FTP info. 

I only ask that if you see me on the site, just do me a favor and send me a PM to let me know that I may expect some changes.  That way I don't freak out and think something is going on!  LOL!

Offline [SiNaN]

• Mr. SimplePortal
  • Developer
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 01:54:06 AM »
I didn't use the account your provided, and no need for that anymore. So you can just remove the account and try this fix.

index.php

Code: (Find) [Select]
empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess'])
Code: (Replace) [Select]
empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && !(!empty($_REQUEST['action']) && $_REQUEST['action'] == 'dlattach' && !empty($_REQUEST['type']) && $_REQUEST['type'] == 'avatar')

Offline tk2012

• Channel 4 Gaming
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 12:21:36 AM »
THANK YOU [SiNaN] !!!!  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Tried it out on Firefox and IE7 and none of the errors that I had previously appeared.  Thank you very very much.  I appreciate the help!  Once again, sorry for not getting back to you as quickly as I wanted.