Development > Feature Requests

if its not an option, i have a great one for SP

(1/1)

Nickhead:
(i currently have guest posting disabled until i get a better understanding how to edit my templates for spammers)

via SP can you setup the board home page, so that instead of having 'board news' or 'forum news' we could have the actual board index as a block on the page like this pic shows?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=308005.0;attach=97126;image

obviously something would have to be worked to also put the posting tabs above it, whether it be part of that block, or even a block 'just for the posting tabs'

in all reality, if this can be done, my forum board index page is long enough, i could put all small blocks on left or right, and have the rest for the index w/tabs.....

i know not many people allow guest posting, but this coupled with the index being on the front page allows quicker access to the topics and replies.  even for registration forums, it still puts the forum topics front and center...

www.elephantintheparlor.org

Old Fossil:
Hey like the look of the of the portal.

I will have to wait until I can have my forum updated to 1.1.9  :(

Eliana Tamerin:
Do you mean Forum Integration? SimplePortal has had this feature since version 2.1.

Go to Admin Panel > SimplePortal > Configuration > General Settings and change 'Portal Mode'  to 'Integration.'

You may have to adjust each block individually to set its portal display mode to 'Forum' or 'All Pages.'

Nickhead:

--- Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on May 20, 2009, 11:29:02 PM ---Do you mean Forum Integration? SimplePortal has had this feature since version 2.1.

Go to Admin Panel > SimplePortal > Configuration > General Settings and change 'Portal Mode'  to 'Integration.'

You may have to adjust each block individually to set its portal display mode to 'Forum' or 'All Pages.'

--- End quote ---

as i havent used SP for very long, how do i go about this process?  i have tried several variations of settings but to no avail.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version