Development > Feature Requests

Home Page can be viewed by Guest

(1/2) > >>

mannyz:
First of all this program is supperb. I was looking for something like this, and because Im a noob, I didnt know it was called Portal :D

Well I just find out this, and here is my request, cause I search under security, guest, access and couldnt find anything.

My site is a private site, only members can view the content. After I installed the Portal, I noticed that when I go to the forum, you can now see the events, calendars, everything on the site. You cannot post, which is fine. But before I had the Portal, you will get just the login screen and no gues cant view anything inside the forum.

Can I get help or request for this security feature to be added. Thanks! in advance.

mannyz:
Wow, is there any moderator here, to answer and offer support?

Nathaniel:
Please do not bump your topics after only 90 minutes of waiting. Generally for a day or two after your latest post is a resonable ammount of time to wait before bumping a topic. We offer the fastest support that we can, however our team is small and we are all volunteers, so bumping topics isn't going to get you help any faster. Normally only developers respond to feature requests, so expecting a reply after 90min is unrealistic.

That issue should be fixed with SP 2.2.1. Do you have any errors when you install SimplePortal? Or did you recently upgrade from SMF 1.1.8?

If you can post your 'index.php' file as an attachment then I can check that the correct edit has been applied to it. :)

Edit: As sinan pointed out it was 12hrs+90 min, you should still not bump your posts after that little time though. ;)

[SiNaN]:
Most users want their portal page to be displayed, even they disable guests browsing forum. So its not built-in and you need to make two custom edits.

./index.php

--- Code: (Find and Remove) --- && !(empty($_REQUEST['action']) && empty($board) && empty($topic) && $modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 1)
--- End code ---

./Sources/SPortal1-1.php

--- Code: (Find) --- foreach($context['SPortal']['sides'] as $side)
--- End code ---

--- Code: (Replace) --- if (empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) && $context['user']['is_guest'])
return;

foreach($context['SPortal']['sides'] as $side)
--- End code ---

mannyz:
Well, now I dont wanted to look that I want to bumped, but I want to say thank you. And comon, 90min. I heard you guys are so good that you guys respond in 15secs or less :D

Well sorry I didnt mean to be rude, but theres so many topics around here I was afraid mine will get into the abyss and Im so exited to use ur product that I guess I swear it passed more than a day for me, so my apologies again.

No, this is a fresh installation of 2.2.1, no critical errors, Im only getting this in the Error Log but is not causing any damage to the site, but is creating a log on every page the user visit.

8: Undefined index: portal_url
File: /home/xecoflc/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Who.template.php (eval?)
Line: 86

SiNah I will try the changes, if they dont work, I will be glad to upload my Index page. Sorry for any trouble :(, I think I got to exited :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version