Development > Feature Requests

Shoutbox history behavior

(1/2) > >>

tfs:
The history button on the shoutbox has me confused.  It creates a large window that replaces all of the middle blocks on the page.  But that large window has no controls, no way to refresh, no nothing.

It would seem like a better way to do it would be to have the button be a "Maximize" button and have the large window *become* the shoutbox.  If you think about it, you've got to click on your browser's back button or on another link to get away from the big history window anyway, so why not make it do something active, like be a large "chat" window.

If not that then I think the history button should get rid of the big history window when you click on the history button a second time.  First click brings up the history window, second click gets rid of it and returns the screen to what it was before.  A history toggle.  In that instance, when the history window is active, the refresh button should also refresh the history window.

Nathaniel:
Okay, I think a clear "Back" button/link would be quite useful. It would also be nice if the history button did that as well. Although, your other suggestions are a bit more complicated. This is meant to be a very simple shoutbox, that means that the histroy page is likely to stay as a "History" page (ie. its only purpose is to allow you to view older shouts). What you want, is a page which shows a larger shoutbox...

tfs:
Yes, if the history button were made a toggle it would be nice.  Otherwise once you bring up the history screen you must leave or refresh the page to get rid of it.

[SiNaN]:
Well, that is not a block but a page. So you'll have to use your browser's Back button to go back to the previous page.

tfs:

--- Quote from: [SiNaN] on August 13, 2009, 01:06:09 PM ---Well, that is not a block but a page. So you'll have to use your browser's Back button to go back to the previous page.

--- End quote ---

Could the history button serve as the "Back" button then when the history page is active?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version