Development > Feature Requests

Pages with option to include right and / or left blocks.

(1/3) > >>

vas:
Page is a great new feature in the 2.3 RC1. The page appears only with the theme header and the top menu.

Is it possible to include the selected frontpage items except the middle panel.

Or one step further ahead have feature that allows us to select blocks and the panels (right/left/top/bottom).

I have seen in some other package which shows a button for "top 50 shouts" and when pressed it shows user selected right and left panel in the page (minus the top and bottom panel - that is defined for frontpage).

Eliana Tamerin:
You have to set blocks to appear on pages, just like with any other portion of the website. If no blocks are set to appear on any page, they will not show up.

vas:

--- Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 25, 2009, 12:13:01 AM ---You have to set blocks to appear on pages, just like with any other portion of the website. If no blocks are set to appear on any page, they will not show up.

--- End quote ---

In the Block Settiungs I am able to see only the following pages.

Admin
 Personal Messages
 Members
 Search
 Calendar

but there is no pages ... Am I missing some thing? Where to configure? Could You please help. Thanks.

AngelinaBelle:
Pages is not one of the options in "Hide Blocks in Forum Areas" in the Block Settings section of SP configuration.

If you want to enable individual blocks on pages, you can individually turn them on from their individual display options.

I think I would agree that it would be nice to have the option to treat Pages as if they were a "Forum Area" for the purposes of being able to globally show/hide blocks from there. That would be a feature request for a future version of SP, I guess.

Eliana Tamerin:
Biggest advice would probably be, if you're setting up a website, build the pages first. Then when you add blocks, you can add them around those pages, instead of modifying all blocks every time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version