Social > General Discussion

Predefined Pages Idea

(1/2) > >>

amlucent:
So I had an idea that I wanted to bounce off of the SP community.  Hear me out and tell me if you like it or not  ;).

Currently, SP includeds predefined blocks like the calendar block, the recent posts block etc.  The new pages feature of SP 2.3 has me thinking what if it also had predefined custom pages included with some future version of SP?   

Admittedly, I can only really currently think of one that would be useful:  The team page  or maybe something like ccbtimewiz's team page.

Do you think this is a horrible idea?  What other pages could you envision including that would be useful?

ccbtimewiz:
It's a decent idea, to be honest.

However, I really think that is completely up to the user to decide. The reason there is a default portal configuration is so that users know the portal is functioning. What you're wanting to do would restrict customization.

amlucent:

--- Quote from: ccbtimewiz on August 27, 2009, 09:15:32 PM ---It's a decent idea, to be honest.

However, I really think that is completely up to the user to decide. The reason there is a default portal configuration is so that users know the portal is functioning. What you're wanting to do would restrict customization.

--- End quote ---

I never said any of these "predefined pages" would be enabled by default. I am saying when you go to add a page you would have the option to add a preformatted page like you currently can add a blank html, php, or BBC page.

ccbtimewiz:
Oh, I see what you mean now.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Very useful. :)

amlucent:
Could your team page be modified to work in SP custom php page?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version