Social > Website Showcase

Fifty Plus Forum

(1/3) > >>

Chas:
Fifty Plus Forum is a UK based private forum for people over Fifty years of age. Serious and fun discussions, chat, debate and sharing of health problems ;) amongst other things. We have 200+ members.

I've recently updated the forum to use Simple Portal and have it running in Stand Alone mode. We have blocks that only show to guests on the HOME page and I have extensively used the Custom HTML block to provide various additional features, particularly an e-mail response block.

If you're of our age group and want to chat to a bunch of old codgers, feel free to knock (LOUDLY) on our door. :)

www.fiftyplusforum.co.uk

cme1st2302:
Very nice looking site!!!  Great job!!

Chas:

--- Quote from: cme1st2302 on November 12, 2009, 08:51:09 PM ---Very nice looking site!!!  Great job!!

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I've been setting up a test forum with SMF 2 and SP and it looks even better. Can't wait till SMF 2 becomes full release.

MultiformeIngegno:

--- Quote from: Hal9000 on November 13, 2009, 03:46:04 AM ---Thanks. I've been setting up a test forum with SMF 2 and SP and it looks even better. Can't wait till SMF 2 becomes full release.

--- End quote ---
Anyway it's already really stable! You can - IMHO - use it without any risk!! ;)

Runic:
personally I dont like it, your blocking off alot of the forum, this will encourage members to join to see but you will see many registering just to see what its like and not returning, there isnt any incentive for users to stay atm, also I hate the 1.1.x default theme I think you could use a dif theme, to makey our site more unique,

DS Natural could work well for the site:
http://smf.smfthemes.org/index.php?theme=475

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version