collapse

* Simple Portal Archived Forum

This is an Archive Forum.

The content in this forum may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links in forum pages to other sites may not work.
This forum contains archives for future reference.

Visit our thread at Simple Machines Forum for current support.

SMF 2.1 users: EhPortal is a ported version of Simple Portal specifically designed for the SMF 2.1 branch.
Please visit web-develop.ca to download EhPortal and for its support.

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 551
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Shoutbox is not for support!
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: Yup, Still adore SP
    April 21, 2019, 07:08:06 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: STILL love SP :)
    November 24, 2018, 05:05:50 AM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: <3 aegersz
    September 13, 2018, 03:36:09 PM
  • aegersz: I STILL <3 LOVE SimplePortal
    September 13, 2018, 07:11:39 AM
  • aegersz: o LOVE you guys - Simple Portal rocks !
    May 09, 2018, 05:18:59 AM
  • Chen Zhen: our apologies for the site being down.. please read server issues topic
    March 22, 2018, 05:32:38 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: LOL PLEASE forget I just posted that. I found the answer in my own dang post back in 2015. lol sorry!
    July 04, 2017, 10:47:55 PM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: I know this SB isnt' for support, but I just have a general question. Who would I contact to find out where SP stores its block info? Is it DB driven or files? I searched the site but came up with nothing. probably my fault any insight is appreciated.
    July 04, 2017, 10:43:36 PM
  • ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦: Excuse me but what does Simpleportal have to deal with that?
    February 05, 2017, 08:21:14 PM
  • WhiteEagle: of course IMHO that site appears to be dead :(
    February 04, 2017, 01:08:05 PM
  • WhiteEagle: If I can get that, then I'll use it for that site...
    February 04, 2017, 01:07:35 PM
  • WhiteEagle: decided to not use SMF for any projects, unless I can get a copy of the premium version of the fanfiction archive plugin
    February 04, 2017, 01:06:54 PM
  • expertdecisions: cloudflare
    January 28, 2017, 08:01:47 AM
  • aegersz: SM release 2.0.13 !
    January 12, 2017, 06:00:13 AM
  • raffo: Tks Emanuele, even if I didn't understand the fix :D
    November 07, 2016, 02:01:20 AM
  • emanuele: [link]
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:50 PM
  • emanuele: raffo: the English support board is a good place. ;)
    November 01, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
  • raffo: Where can I find the fix for the shoutbox?
    November 01, 2016, 05:06:09 AM
  • {OCS}MasterSeal: To the SP team, I make a point to come here and thank you as much as possible for your work.  so again, THANK YOU!
    October 28, 2016, 10:38:05 AM
  • emanuele: That's indeed funny, the limit is present only in the patch and not the full install.
    October 22, 2016, 06:14:58 PM

* Recent Posts

Adding Forums Button to Nav bar by jirapon
[August 01, 2019, 09:07:12 AM]

Re: Board Icons by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 04:03:41 PM]

MOVED: Czech translation???? by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 30, 2019, 03:04:51 PM]

Board Icons by jirapon
[July 30, 2019, 07:28:44 AM]

Re: Thankyou Simpleportal, by ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦
[July 29, 2019, 09:41:29 AM]

Blocks speak! Do you have an interest in getting more blocks - or even making your own? The Blocks Board is for you!

Author Topic: Post Removed from Website Showcase Board  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Sudhakar

• Simple Portal is Good
    • IT Acumens - An Edu Community
  • SMF Version: 2 RC1
  • SP Version: 2.2.1
Post Removed from Website Showcase Board
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:48:29 AM »
Hey team,

Why did SiNaN had removed my post about itacumens forum from website showcase board.   :|

I was having it installed in my forum.

Just disabled due to the upgrade of 2.0RC3.

Repost the topic with the exact views. Or i will endup not using your software on my forum.

Thanks to whoever checks and updates this topic. I will activated my forum with simpleportal as soon as you repost the topic with same views and replies on website showcae.
- Thanks & Regards,
Sudhakar, IT Acumens

Offline [SiNaN]

• Mr. SimplePortal
  • Developer
  • SMF Version: 2.0.15
  • SP Version: 2.3.7
Re: Post Removed from Website Showcase Board
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 05:52:21 AM »
We occasionally check all the topics in the Showcase board and remove the topics that doesn't fit with the showcase guidelines, in your case having SimplePortal installed.

When you install the mod and let us know, I can put your topic back. (it isn't removed forever, but kept in a hidden board) However, this kind of attitude is not something I do appreciate:

Repost the topic with the exact views. Or i will endup not using your software on my forum.

I have no other choice but to think that you no longer use the mod when I see you don't have SP installed on your forum. But as I said, I'll put it back once you install the mod and let us know.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...

Offline Sudhakar

• Simple Portal is Good
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:56:46 AM »
Come-on Founder.

When you introduced it, i was the one among few to use first and give you lot of bugs and features .

I have installed from day one till now. know how much time i spent in installing, debugging, manually modding your mod. Sometimes even my forum crashed due to your mod.

As i said i was planning to migrate my forum to 2.0RC3. Thats the reason i have disabled it.

I used it because i liked it not because of the developer or the community.  :|

Liked the active support you had provided initially.

Once i see my topic has been remove, we usually think, why do this owners of the forum treat us like an idiots. Do we spam them for anything????  :o

Send us a notice before 5 days or even 1 day in advance , saying i will remove the topic untill i see simpleportal in a day on your site.

That was much appreciated.  :applause:

But... you took an another way of irritating the user by removing the post. If you would have moved it , it will not alert me. I am sure it was not under any hidden forum . Don't say stories to tech idiots. You have removed it.

--------  Replace the topic as it is with replies and views, so i may proceed further or simply its your wish Founder SiNaN. ( I will leave it to you to decide ).

We occasionally check all the topics in the Showcase board and remove the topics that doesn't fit with the showcase guidelines, in your case having SimplePortal installed.

When you install the mod and let us know, I can put your topic back. (it isn't removed forever, but kept in a hidden board) However, this kind of attitude is not something I do appreciate:

I have no other choice but to think that you no longer use the mod when I see you don't have SP installed on your forum. But as I said, I'll put it back once you install the mod and let us know.
- Thanks & Regards,
Sudhakar, IT Acumens

Offline c23_Mike

• Beta Tester
    • c23 Computer, Gaming & more
  • SMF Version: 2 RC3
  • SP Version: 2.3.2
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 08:24:38 AM »
Hi there !

Install it again, it works on SMF 2 RC3 as well, and its done. No need for crying.

Offline Sudhakar

• Simple Portal is Good
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 01:44:57 PM »
See it yourself if you have eyes.

I have enabled it http://discuss.itacumens.com/
- Thanks & Regards,
Sudhakar, IT Acumens

Offline c23_Mike

• Beta Tester
    • c23 Computer, Gaming & more
  • SMF Version: 2 RC3
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
Hi there !

Looks nice, really!
So I think Sinan would not have any problems to move back your thread  :)

Offline Eliana Tamerin

• Comrade
  • SMF Version: 2 RC2
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 02:21:28 AM »
You can usually find an easier resolution if you contact one of our Team members by Private Message instead of making a post. Hope that'll help you in the future.

We'll review your showcase topic again and restore it if it fits the rules again. Thanks for your continued use of SimplePortal.
Ms. Eliana TamerinIt should be painfully obvious by now that I don't respond to support PMs. Don't send me PMs for support. They will be ignored and deleted, post on the Support Boards to get support.

Offline [SiNaN]

• Mr. SimplePortal
  • Developer
  • SMF Version: 2.0.15
  • SP Version: 2.3.7
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 10:35:45 AM »
When you introduced it, i was the one among few to use first and give you lot of bugs and features .

I have installed from day one till now. know how much time i spent in installing, debugging, manually modding your mod. Sometimes even my forum crashed due to your mod.

Yes, I know you have been using and supporting SimplePortal since it was released and I do appreciate that.

As i said i was planning to migrate my forum to 2.0RC3. Thats the reason i have disabled it.

My criteria for deciding whether the mod is installed or not is based on the copyright of SimplePortal. At the time I checked your site, it didn't had the copyright. Disabling SimplePortal does not hide copyright, only removing it does.

Once i see my topic has been remove, we usually think, why do this owners of the forum treat us like an idiots. Do we spam them for anything????  :o

I don't see cleaning the Showcase board as treating users like "idiots". People almost never come back to request the removal of their topic if they have one in the Showcase board. They simply don't visit this forum anymore. Thus we go over the topics in the Showcase board and remove the ones that doesn't have the mod installed. (sometimes they even don't have SMF installed)

Send us a notice before 5 days or even 1 day in advance , saying i will remove the topic untill i see simpleportal in a day on your site.

That was much appreciated.  :applause:

But... you took an another way of irritating the user by removing the post. If you would have moved it , it will not alert me. I am sure it was not under any hidden forum . Don't say stories to tech idiots. You have removed it.

You're right. Informing the user prior to removal would be better but this small team doesn't have the manpower to do that. Rather we prefer to be notified if a topic which meets with the guidelines is removed incorrectly.

Of course I'm not trying to fool anyone. If it wasn't in a hidden board, your topic wouldn't have been back in the Showcase board. I'm sure you know of the recyling of the deteled posts feature of SMF.

--------  Replace the topic as it is with replies and views, so i may proceed further or simply its your wish Founder SiNaN. ( I will leave it to you to decide ).

As I said, once your forum meets with the guidelines, we put the topic back. And now seeing you have it installed, I did accordingly and moved your topic back.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...

Offline Sudhakar

• Simple Portal is Good
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 05:44:42 PM »
Good Work Team. No More Issues .  :applause:

Be Kind to everyone as much as possible.

Under Show Case i could see the post with 1865 Views highest views.

Thank you anyway and keep updated with cool information.

Long Live Team Simple Portal.  :thumbsup:
- Thanks & Regards,
Sudhakar, IT Acumens